Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 100mm Travel Suspension Fork recommendations please
  • grrr
    Free Member

I’m looking to replace the RockShox Dart 3 fork on my Cube, and hoping for some suggestions.

The fork needs to be 100mm travel, 1&1/8 inch straight steerer, and take a quick release wheel.

All suggestions gratefully received. Thanks

tony24
    Free Member

I was looking at the same needed a 100 to 120mm fork was going to go for the rockshox reba but i cannot stand the remote lockout. After a lot of reading i just purchased the x fusion velvet rl they come with every steerer option internally adjustable from 100-130 abd co
    E set up in 80 100 120 or 130 and qr or bolt through fork. They also come with a 2 year warranty and are apparently super easy to service.

For 315 pounds it seems alot of fork and every review i have read about there 2011 – 2012 stuff seems super positive. Once i get them ill update thos thread if you like

JamieMc
    Free Member

Reba

munrobiker
    Free Member

If you’ve got a budget of £200-£300 and weigh less than 14 stone then go for Rockshox SIDs secondhand. Same performance as the Reba but noticeably lighter.

If you want more stiffness then Rebas, undoubtedly- 2nd hand Foxes are often suspect due to stanchion wear while Rockshox are, generally speaking, excellently reliable.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Magura Durins. Stiff, plush, reliable and no stupid 15 hr service requirement.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Rebas! On-one are doing some cheap, but you’ll probably find deals elsewhere too.

z1ppy

Reba’s, they just work, are reliable and are dead simple to work on when they do need maintaining

iainc

Reba’s here too – one of the best and most reliable 100mm forks around and for the average rider no need for other than QR at that travel, so some good deals to be had. You can replace the remote lockout with a crown top one in 5 mins and for about £20 – that’s what I did using peter poddy’s online guide

hughlovittt
    Free Member

I just changed my Dart 2’s to Rockshox Recon gold tk (£180 off On One). Been on a few rides now and the difference between these and the Dart 2’s is like riding a new bike!
    Easy set-up, took about 30mins once all the tools were found.

I was looking at the Reba’s but the price difference of £100 didn’t seem worth it for the amount of riding that I do.

grrr
    Free Member

Thanks for all the suggestions. Much appreciated

footflaps

I love the F100X forks, never had any problems with them and been using them for years. Stanchions seem to wear out every few years – after 100s of hours riding, but cheap to replace (compared to a new fork).

mcboo
    Free Member

DT Swiss XRM100 Twinshot here that came on a new bike. Very nice they are too though the rubbish remote didnt last and was replaced by a regular lockout. Very smooth, doddle to set just right and adjust.

Cant say I’d want to pay £600 for them…..Reba is the sensible choice

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I have a 2009 Reba Team with blackbox damping and push-loc that MAY be for sale soon after the weekend. (Guess what I’m planning to buy at the weekend!!!)
    It is showing some wear in the coating of the stanchions but is functioning perfectly well.
    Long steerer as its on an XL bike at the moment, about 220mm I think but it’s not here at work to measure!
    Would you be interested?

chives
    Free Member

I swapped out my Cube Ltd’s Dart 3s for 120mm SID RLT – the steering now feels less like it’s going to tuck the front wheel under round tight corners, and I can navigate through the scenery rather than just bouncing off it. Don’t see the need for a remote lockout, it only takes a split second to flick the fork top to lock it up. And the dual air set up is well plush (particularly compared to the darts..) Easy to service, and you can always put the (supplied) travel spacers in if you want to run them at 100mm. You’ll also be saving about 760g, which is nice. 🙂

JamieMc
    Free Member

The Recons mentioned above are actually a pretty good fork.You will notice a hell of a difference from the Darts anyway. My mvey would still be on a set of Rebas mind you

GaryLake
    Free Member

Bit of a wild card, Marzocchi Corsa Super Leggera? 3 Year no service warranty, a few grams shy SIDs/F100s

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘100mm Travel Suspension Fork recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.