Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 100mm (or slightly more) Forks to replace a set of Marxocchi MXCs?
  • Aristotle
    Free Member

I’ve been using a set of 100mm Marzocchi MXC air forks on my cheap and cheerful Kona hardtail for a few years.

I use 10wt oil and I have raised the oil levels to just about as far as I can to provide some ramping-up/bottom-out resistance whilst retaining some plushness.

They have been excellent forks and have withstood some fairly hard riding.

I was wondering what other (cheap-ish, used) lightweight forks with 100/110mm might be ‘better’.

Suggestions?

z1ppy

New of 2nd hand?
    Anything (new) Rockshox would be my choice.. Tora’s (cheap & not the lightest), Recon’s (mid priced), Reba’s (more expensive & lightish) but all can be had for less than £200 2nd hand..

Aristotle
    Free Member

I’m thinking used.

I have a set of Pike coils on my full suss and like them. They’re not light though.

z1ppy

Reba’s or Revelation’s then (rev’s wound down) both are a lot lighter than 2.5Kg coil Pikes… lot of different choice axle wise, and older Rev’s used to have a coil option IIRC if you like that option.

Aristotle
    Free Member

In this case I’m looking for air forks for my light-ish hardtail.

Aristotle
    Free Member

Any more for any more?

marvincooper

I just ordered these Rebas – at £230 seem a good buy.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Another one for Rebas here. The teams are better, but noticeably platformier. The OEM Recons come with a 10mm travel spacer which you should be able to find if you wanted 110mm out of them, otherwise they’re good at 120, but a little bit flexier. I should have a spare 10mm kicking around if you need one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘100mm (or slightly more) Forks to replace a set of Marxocchi MXCs?’ is closed to new replies.