Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 100mm full susser
  • Tom83

Anyone know of anything better for about £1200 than the Anthem X3? Needs to be a large/Xl frame.

Tom83

Narrowing it down:

Ghost RT 5900
    Anthem

I’ve tried both for size, so know there’s one that’ll fit me. Leaning towards the ghost, but it’s the rear shock that has got me thinking. I don’t know much about the X-Fusion.

hopefiendboy

my second hand 2 month old Giant Anthem X3 in large for 1k?

jono84
    Free Member

I love my anthem I know they have a good following to also giants customer service ( from my own experience) has been fairly good , I had a look at a meridia ninety six when I was after my bike it too had a fusion x shock I believe rock shox have something to do with it not sure if they’ve helped design it or commission it or what hopefully someone will help clear it up with you but if you prefer the ride of the ghost/it suits you more I wouldn’t of thought there would be a issue with the shock

argoose
    Free Member

I have a giant nrs, i really rate it, so anthem would be my choice too.
    Also had good reviews from biking press.
    Can still get pivot kits for mine, so don’t see the anthem being any different.

Tom83

@ Hopefiendboy – sorry mate, looking to buy new for once!

The ghost is 69.5 degrees HA, and the anthem 71, which is the same as my love/hate, which i really rate. Dunno how much of a difference .5 of a degree would make! I know that the anthem is well regareded in the reviews too, which is a plus!

Got till next week to decided, by that time I’ll probably change my mind a few times! 🙂

transapp
    Free Member

Got to say I bloody love my anthem x. Can take more than should be possible and yet rides superbly xc. I have got some longer forks now so have a slightly slacker head angle however there’s nought wrong with it as is, I wanted more travel at the front to match the bottomless feel at the rear and the head angle was a by product of that.

stratman
    Free Member

I too love my anthem x1, and AFAIK it’s the same frame. I test rode an x2 at Rutland water, and that convinced me. It just felt very immediate.

Tom83

Curveball : Vitus Blitz. 120mm up front.

Gah this is difficult! Only used Shimano in the past, whats the sram x9 like?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘100mm full susser’ is closed to new replies.