Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • £1000 hardtail XC racer
  • deep_river
    Free Member

I have £1000 max to spend, and was looking at the On One Whippet, heard mixed reports on these, so not sure anymore.

Also looking at the Kona Kula 2010 model from evans and the cube LTD Team from Winstanleys, witch bothcomewell under budget, scoring mebrownie points with the missus.

Any one have any opinions on these bikes?

TheFlyingOx

I used to have the LTD Race. Couldn’t fault it, and I can’t imagine the Team being much different.

njee20
    Free Member

I’d get a Whippet I reckon, stonking value.

ratherbeintobago
    avdave2

Thread about the Whippet

I think he may already be aware of that thread. 🙂

alanl
    Free Member

I wanted the same a few weeks ago. I narrowed it down to the Whyte 805 (809?) and the Boardman HT Pro.
    The Boardman was better by a long way.
    I then went to buy it, but a Carrera Carbon HT caught my eye. £900. So I bought it. Very happy with it.
    Changed the tyres, saddle and grips immediately, otherwise I’m really pleased.
    Boardman:
    http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_502013_langId_-1_categoryId_165499

Carrera (£900 in store)
    http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_518257_langId_-1_categoryId_165499

HTH
    Alan.

ratherbeintobago

I think he may already be aware of that thread.

Ah yes 😳

Andy

oldgit
    Free Member

2010 Giant XTC1 ?

andygreener

What about a rock lobster?

cullen-bay
    Free Member

shameless plug. Im selling a warranty replacement carbon giant xtc that you could build up, e-mail me if you’re interested.

Northwind

I’d be looking at Boardman I reckon, nothing wrong with them and lots right.

richteabiscuit
    Free Member

+1 for the ‘Lobster.. I’m biased though – have owned a tig team for a while and love it, it’s that battered now I’ll probably keep it till it dies.
    What about a Kinesis? – Maxlight

thepublican
    Free Member
    Basil

Boardman bikes have an all new range for 2011. I have been into Halfords for details .The assistant did the full Manuel!

deep_river
    Free Member

cheers all,

Never really considered the boardman, but will have to take a look this week. Also that Felt is worth considering.

edhornby

or how about the scandal 29er frame and wheels deal – then get whatever bits of drivetrain and brakes you want

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘£1000 hardtail XC racer’ is closed to new replies.