• This topic has 12 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by GW.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 10 Around Kiroughtree roll call
  • Haribo
    Free Member

looks like weather should be ok.
    Im running as solo for the first time ever – Mrs Haribo is coming along to feed me cake and drink wine 🙂

tip: never try to setup your bike the night before leaving, dont know what i have done to my gears

trail_rat
    Free Member

what forecast you looking at ? just finished packing the wet weather gear.

BBC and Met office both show " heavy rain"

me and mrs tr will be there both riding solo

boxelder

I'll be there, with waterproofs…….
    and midge repellent

trail_rat
    Free Member

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/dg/newton_stewart_forecast_weather.html

that was done using the post code for "the brake pad" thats the shop in the race central carpark…infact the race starts from the shop !

Haribo
    Free Member

metcheck shows a diff story with the rain hanging off until ~7pm. ive also packed the wet gear just in case but tbh if its 19 degrees i wont be wearing it as it will be too hot

Haribo
    Free Member

aah midde stuff – thanksboxelder i new i had forgotten something!

I_did_dab
    Free Member

I'll be there is an team of three.

mustard
    Free Member

I'll be @ Kirro, cycling under it may be a bit difficult! 😛

Pippalarge
    Free Member

Me too – team of three. Bit pissed to see no showers now – heavy rain may be a blessing.

PS Midges are in force this year, was at Glentress two weeks ago – which isn't usually too bad – and got bitten to ****.

Haribo
    Free Member

ba di dom tish
    you'll be here all week try the salmon – give us a bell when you are finishing. Debs and i will be driving down ~1630

trail_rat
    Free Member

hasnt been showers at a nofuss event for years …..

buy a solar shower off them if you simply cannot stand being muddy at a bike race.

Heavy coatings of mud stops midges biting anyway !

daveb
    Free Member

Unfortunately I cant do it this year, should be excellent though whether its raining or not 🙂

GW
    Free Member

could be even better in the rain, if the course is anything like the year I went the climbs were mostly all weather/hardpack/fireroad but the fun race links will just get better!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘10 Around Kiroughtree roll call’ is closed to new replies.