Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 10 speed – SRAM or Shimano
  • droppinneutron
    Free Member

Gonna go ten speed this week but cant decide between SRAM X9 or Shimano XT (with an XTR shifter) – about same price on CRC, I have had SRAM for years on both my bikes but have read some stuff on the internet that the 10 speed SRAM is a bit weak.

Anyone tried either?

DT78
    Free Member

Look at the German sites, much cheaper. In terms of the groupsets, think it is down to which lever you prefer both work well in my experience. When the chain needs replacing go for a kmc.

jedi

i still cant decide either 🙁

mlucas666
    Free Member

I’m running X9 10 speed (1×10) on my bike, but i’m seriously thinking of switching to the same setup as you (XT/XTR).

My Deore Shifter/SLX Mech 1×9 setup on my other bike just feels nicer (shifting wise) than my ‘double-the-price’ SRAM X9 setup.

Just my 2p

droppinneutron
    Free Member

What are the German sites??

mlucas666
    Free Member

What are the German sites??

http://www.bike-discount.de/
    http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/

Used both, service was excellent. You do normally pay postage (5-6 euros) but the savings more than make up for that.

doug_basqueMTB.com

My experience with SRAM (bad): SRAM 10 speed X9 drivetrain review
    My experience with Shimano (good): Shimano 10 speed XT drivetrain review

Obviously a fairly small sample but that’s been my experience. I was obviously still a bit angry when I wrote that SRAM review… part anger, part tounge in cheek!

DickBarton

I was running X9 10 speed on my Whyte 146. It worked well but the shifters clicks felt very soft and not positive. I’ve relaxed the rear mech with CT, shifters with xtr and an XT cassette and Sram chain. Leaving the x9 front mech and x9 chauncey. Works very well and the shifters feel much more positive.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘10 speed – SRAM or Shimano’ is closed to new replies.