Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 10 speed chain help please
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

Hi guys I’m looking to finally change over to 10 speed but I’m using a hammerschmidt which Sram state is fully compatible with their 10 speed set up. I would ideally like to use Shimano chain ,mech and shifter so can anyone tell me if there is a difference between Sram/shimano 10 speed chains which could affect my plans? Thanks .

JoeG
    Free Member

10 speed chain should be completely interchangeable. I switch between a KMC and SRAM chain on my Fatbike that has RaceFace cranks and Shimano XT everything else. I can’t tell a difference.

Of course manufacturers will say that theirs is more betterer and that you shouldn’t mix stuff with their competitors…

fd3chris
    Free Member

Thanks Joe that’s what I wanted to hear . Time to start buying the bits !

JoeG
    Free Member

I highly recommend the KMC missing links. About $2 each if you buy a 6 pack card online. I have them on KMC, SRAM, and Shimano chains!

Shimano uses those silly special pins. SRAM 10 speed links are supposed to be one use only though they can be removed and reused, they’re a real pain IME.

patriotpro
    Free Member

I find KMC a PITA to use. Find SRAM much easier.

A quick search in Google will tell that you that the Connex links are the best though.

rootes1

Connex links are the best though.

indeed they are. wipperamann chains do seem to last longer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘10 speed chain help please’ is closed to new replies.