Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 1 x 11 CX set up anyone?
  • geordiemick00
    Free Member

I’ve got a WHYTE CX bike for hacking out on, I’m going to transfer most of it to a lighter Kenesis frame, but thinking I may not bother with the SORA transmission.

Anyone got any idea of what I could use as a 1 x 11 or a 1 x 10 set up?

I’m thinking 38t front ring with an 11-32 cassette??

robgclarkson
    Free Member

i’ve gone 1×11 with a 42T ring and a 11-36 cassette… does me nicely

mick_r

Depends if you want a clutch mech or not…..

If you do, then SRAM CX1 / Force / Rival etc is about the only off the shelf option with flappy brake levers (I think).

You can also get the Gevenalle levers to suit a Shimano 10spd mtb clutch mech. They come with two brake cable positions so will work all options for cable brakes (cantis, road discs, vees or mtb discs). My mrs runs this 38:11-36 and it is OK but a little clunky.

Cheapest option is maybe use your existing Sora STI levers (are they 10 spd?) with a 9 speed Shimano mtb mech which will then work a 10 speed 11-34 or 11-36 mtb cassette (it is 1mm different overall width to a 10spd road cassette but works ok).

Other options? An 11 spd Shimano mtb / road version of the above mash up (non-clutch mech). Travel agent roller things? Di2!

geordiemick00
    Free Member

i’ve gone 1×11 with a 42T ring and a 11-36 cassette… does me nicely

interesting, what brand/grade of kit?

RestlessNative
    Free Member

I’ve been running 1×9 for a good while and like it, 40t front 11-36 cassette. I may move down to a 38t front now I am running 40mm tyres all the time.

Have a drop stop ring and normal non clutch short mech, never dropped the chain

tang
    Free Member

1×10 40t up front 11-40 out back on a 105 short mech with Lindarets road link. This is for long rides in the hills, not racing. I have another chain and cassette for that. I’ll go 1×11 when it wears out but the Lindarets will keep me using shimano as I’m not a SRAM fan (having had cx1 on this for a bit).

robgclarkson
    Free Member

geordiemick00 – Member
    interesting, what brand/grade of kit?

SRAM rival 1 medium derailleur (chainreaction was cheapest), PG1170 11-36 cassete (planet x was cheapest), SRAM rival 22 crank (already fitted) with an absolute black 42T oval direct mount chainring.(direct from absolute black)

I converted from SRAM rival 22 so already had the shifters…. i now have one redundant shifter!

11-36 cassette with a 42T chainring gives me the equivalent range of a 13-29 cassette on a 34/50 chainset

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘1 x 11 CX set up anyone?’ is closed to new replies.