Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 1 x 10 sram XO setup Q
  • turneround

moved to a 1 x 10 set up on the flux and im having a few issues which i suspect is due to the rear mech.

ive snapped the chain twice now having only ever snapped a chain once in my entire 20 odd years of mtbing. the set up is\:

sram XO type 2 short cage rear mech
    11- 36 cassette
    38 tooth front.

is a short cage to short, do i need a med / long?

also for those of you with a type 2 rear mech, the cage seems very stiff, i know its meant to be as its a clutch type but how stiff is stiff 9so to speak!)

cheers in advance

limkilde
    Free Member

I didn’t have any problems using a shortcage on my bikes with a 11-36 cassette, neither on my fully or HT. The cage is stiff thats the hole point of the Type2/Cluthc thing.
    Is your chain long enough?

jam-bo

Chain too short for the chain growth under compression?

Let all the air out of the shock and see how it all moves at full travel.

turneround

Will do. Used the old big ring big ring method for chain length but didn’t think of the compression bit will try later. One final thing, should the mech be at full extension (cage fully extended toward front ring) when in 34 /38 ?

turneround

Meant 36 /38..
    Thanks folks, big help

jam-bo

Well if its all full stretch uncompressed then that might be why your popping chains.

nickdavies

big ring big ring

Did you use the old big ring to big ring + 2 links method? That could be a missing piece of the puzzle!

FWIW – I’ve been 1×10 for years but when I moved to a larger front ring with an expander to get a bit more top end I started snapping light chains. Moved back to the cheapest (heavy) SRAM chain and not had a problem since – it was always when powering up climbs in too high a gear, i’m not sure if the 36t front increased stress on the chain?

turneround

bingo, chain length it is… im sure i was correct with the +2 link method but i’ll re try later.. cheers guys… oh i do love this forum 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘1 x 10 sram XO setup Q’ is closed to new replies.