Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • 1 month to go- show us your Megavalanche bikes
  • kimbers

just waiting for the ibeam mod for my gravity dropper to arrive from the usa

ton

business like. 8)

MrSparkle

Doin’ it hardcore.

Brycey
    Free Member

Still a bit to do! That’s part of the fun though.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i did reply [sci-fi] did you get the e-mail?
    It is really not that exciting tbh

Coyote
    Free Member

Quite envious actually. Must be nice to build up a bike ready for a special event.

kimbers

yeah i did junkyard, sorry didnt reply- im gonna decline your gracious offer for now, not because i dont want to watch it but since the arrival of kimbers jr the chances of me fitting in 96 hours of tv are about the same as me winning the mega

Brycey
    Free Member

Not the norm in my case Coyote! I was “lucky” in that I just got the frame back from a repair and paint, so it seemed cruel not to tidy it up a bit and buy a few treats – just so happened the Mega is approaching.

Brycey
    Free Member

Once the bike’s built I’m going to get the missus to drive me to the Snowzone thing at the Trafford Centre at 6am. I’m going to hang about outside for a few hours, occasionally going for craps behind the bins, then once it opens go up to the top and slither down barging kids out the way shouting “Allez”.

That should recreate the experience nicely…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Applauds Brycey!

🙂

slowrider
    Free Member

Lol brycey,sounds like a plan! They really should stick a tapered headtube on the blood next time they tweak it, would look really good.

Brycey
    Free Member

I think the newest one does, mine’s an ’09.

Coyote
    Free Member

No disrespect intended Brycey. I think it’s fantastic. Mega is on by “bucket list”.

Brycey
    Free Member

None taken Coyote!

Cant recommend the week/race enough though. Great experience all round.

kimbers

so is no one taking out a nukeproof mega??

Brycey
    Free Member

There’s gotta be a few doesn’t there! CRC will presumably be on them.

kimbers

not sure if the crc team or any big dh names will be there this year as mega week clashes with mont st anne & windham

kaesae
    Free Member

kimbers have you serviced your bike, what preparations are you making?

Brycey
    Free Member

Ah, fair point. Better chance of qualifying at least!!!

kimbers

not much- had the shock tuned stuck on a lighter chainguide and saddle, just making sure its all running nicely
    im more worried about getting my lazy arse up to speed

rob-jackson
    Free Member

wonders when ice proofed bearings will be offerd to take up some of the slack suspension movement

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

😆 😆

kaesae
    Free Member

Wonders when the man child 🙄 will next need to change his face nappy 😉

5lab

P7090246 by 5lab, on Flickr

did it last year on that, with a broken hand (broke it on day 1 of the trip). was very sore & stupid, but great fun. Sadly missing out this year as I’ll be in whistler

kaesae
    Free Member

Not that sad, going to whistler can’t be bad 😀

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I’m heading out this year and using a Rocky Mountain Slayer. Hoping it will be a suitable bike.
    Just waiting for the single chainring parts and it is finished, apart from the “what tyre” issue.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Just waiting for mine to show up. Nothing like cutting it fine. Bit silly to decide to get a new bike a few weeks before really, but oh well.

5lab

to be honest the avalanche track isn’t very tech. I think the *best* sort of bike would be some sort of all-mountain rig with 5-6″ travel, dropper post, and easy to pedal – but a fair few people were doing it on hardtails.

Brycey
    Free Member

Does anyone know if there is any truth in the annual rumour that the qualifying track is signifcantly different?

5lab

the qualifying track was (last year) significantly different to the main track, its about 1/4 as long, and runs down a different bit of hill. That said, the terrain on it is mostly the same as the full run

Brycey
    Free Member

Sorry, I meant different to last year.

kimbers

according to southern downhill (and the avalanchecup website) the qualifier finishes on the huez side not the oz side this year…….

http://www.southerndownhill.com/forum/index.php/topic,248226.15.html

Brycey
    Free Member

Hmm, interesting! I enjoyed my lunch with the mayor in Oz right enough.

Brycey
    Free Member

That’s it built, next stop Alpe d’Huez!

MikeAyles
    Free Member

Anyone got room in their cars/vans?

i built this up earlier this year

(now with joplin, bash, nice wide bars and a wtb bronson on the rear)

And am dying to do it again, funds permitting.

So, any room?

grum
    Free Member

This is mine – though I won’t be doing it this year (or any time soon). One day I will do it again though.

Ben Lomond by Grum Wynne, on Flickr

It now has Formula The One brakes though 8)

Brycey
    Free Member

Sorry Mike, we’re full to the brim.

crankbreaker

Have just been informed that I will actually need a doctor’s note to say I’m fit to participate, do they really check for the Mega as they haven’t on any of the Avalanche Enduros I’ve done. Need to find a doctor if so! :-s

MikeAyles
    Free Member

Crankbreaker, you will have an email in a bit.

Edit: scrap that, you’ve not got an address listed.

send an email to mikeayles@hotmail.com and i’ll fill you in.

Brycey
    Free Member

Yeah, they ask for it at sign on. I’m getting one next week as my doc doesn’t charge, but my mates all went down the cut and paste route.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘1 month to go- show us your Megavalanche bikes’ is closed to new replies.