Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 1 Locked car door??? unable to open !!!!!
  • cove123

Have one door that is locked and will not open, all other doors fine?

Mondeo est. door lever moves and door lock thing will not budge so think it must be something to do with it??

any suggestions on how to release it and is this a MOT fail?

Cheers in advance

Cove123

steveh

Presumably you’ve tried opening from the inside and outside with key/button?
    If you can’t open it from the inside I think it is a fail as in an accident you might get stuck in the vehicle.

hora
    Free Member

Longshot but try GT85 on the mechanism?

fingerbike
    Free Member

Friend’s 306 had a rear door which wouldn’t open, never heard him have issues getting it through the mot, guess its fine as long as the front two open…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I had a 406 that this happened to. It was the deadbolt on the door that had failed (normal mechanism OK)

I got a fixed price for the job, which was about £150ish IIRC, which was a right bargain as they had a right job doing it. The only way they could get the door open was to take all the interior trim off whilst the door was still shut, which meant taking the seat out. They then had to destroy the deadbolt with a cold chisel & hammer. they got the door open, but in the process punched a small hole in the body work (where the door shuts) so they had to fix that. All told it took them a day to do the door lock and had to have the car another day to fix the damage!

cove123

thats not sounding to good…..tried inside and out to open/fob key, lock unlock the other doors, will try the GT85….
    Piedi thats sounds like a mare…..fingers crossed that’s not teh case for me

Laters

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘1 Locked car door??? unable to open !!!!!’ is closed to new replies.