Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 1 by 9 (or poss 10)
  • cyclistm
    Free Member

Probably done hundreds of times before (apologies – couldn’t find it in a search)

What do you recommend for keeping the chain on the front chainring?

Ta

Nipper99
    Free Member

depends on what frame you have – I use a Pauls Chainkeeper

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

For XC riding i use an unramped chainring, a bash guard on the outer and an N Gear jump stop. Never had a dropped chain with this set up.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Rickos
    Free Member

Raidium chain guide on the inside (bolts onto the granny tabs), bash on the outer. Working well so far on the hardtail. I used to drop the chain sometimes using an N-Gear Jump Stop.

http://www.raidiumchainguide.co.uk/

Northwind

I got on well with the Superstar BB mount one (not the frame mount one, it seems to suck) It’d still let the chain drop if I backpedalled at the wrong time though (and quite often when manhandling the bike, lifting over stiles etc, which was irritating but not irritating enough to go with a top-and-bottom device.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Lots of options, cheers guys.

Hadge
    Free Member

Definitely depends on your frame. The Superstar frame mounted ones are okay on FS bikes up to 4 inch travel I believe but for anything after that there’s lots to choose from but get costly. I use a Lopes on my Turner and it works perfectly running a 1×10 set-up

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Only had my superstar BB one fail on one ride in the snow. Been brilliant since then. Definitely my recommendation and I don’t take my descents too slowly either.

atlaz
    Free Member

MRP 1x for me too. Been great so far.

cyclistm
    Free Member

If I go 1*10 will my long reach mech cope or should I really get a shorter one?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘1 by 9 (or poss 10)’ is closed to new replies.