Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 1-2 man tent. £100 max. Vango Banshee 200 or…?
  • JonEdwards
    Free Member

Thinking about getting a smallish tent – most of the time it’ll get used for “park the car in a layby somewhere nice, walk a couple of minutes, set up” type camping, but I’ll be doing a bit of back packing too. Most likely to be single night stuff rather than multiday.

Vango Banshee 200 looks like the default option. Not too tiny, 2.25kg.

Or there’s the Wild Country Coshee 1. A bit smaller, but quite a lot lighter. Gets good reviews in one of the outdoor mags this month.

Max £100.

Thoughts/comments?

Cheers!

wl
    Free Member

Got a Wild Country I’ve had for 16 years – great tent. I’d happily buy more of their kit.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Terra Nova are selling Wild Country Zephyros 2s for £100 on their site.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I prefer the Banshee to Wild Country (Zephyros) because prefer orange inner (for me – long term camping in sometimes awful weather – the decor matters, ymmv) and find it suffers from less inner-bagginess*

*Have only peeked in either tent but was looking to buy on both ocassions so theh Zephyros could have been pitched poorly. Currently use a Vango Halo 200 (like a Banshee but domed) which would be even better if weighed half the weight, but find it perfect for car camping: bags of usable space, nice and taut pitch inner and outer, lots of weather-resistance – especially with the two exits/porches so can normally cook out of the wind whatever.

bigjim

Not sure about the banshee, but the tempest doesn’t have full length mozzy netting, so if it is hot you can’t get as good ventilation without getting eaten by midges as pricier tents.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘1-2 man tent. £100 max. Vango Banshee 200 or…?’ is closed to new replies.