Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • 1 1/8 Chris King headsets- where have they all gone?
  • hora
    Free Member

The used ones that is- there are only a small handful on evilbay- you’d think after all these years of them on sale and people moving away from 1 1/8 to tapered etc there would be a surplus out there? Are people sticking them in their sheds?!

singlesteed
    Free Member

Naaaa they just don’t want the grief of you ducking out of a sale. Lol

hora
    Free Member

snaps
    Free Member

Got two sat here I was going to list for sale.

northernerindevon

You sold me a green one for the Orange R8 singlespeed I was building up. Its still doing sterling service!

Not that that helps you really!

njee20
    Free Member

1.125″ external headsets haven’t been the ‘norm’ for at least 5 years, bit late!

takisawa2

They’ve all been melted down to make modern things & stuff.

ken_shields
    Free Member

I’ve got a black one sat in my spares box….not for sale tho 😀

hora
    Free Member

Northerindevon did you check the contract? That was a PFI/lease deal 8)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

1.125″ external headsets haven’t been the ‘norm’ for at least 5 years, bit late!

I’ve bought 3 bikes (one for my wife, 2 for me) in the last year. All of those have 1 1/8 external headsets. Of the 8 bikes in my garage, all apart from 2 are the same, with one 1 1/8 integrated and only one tapered.

You YOU it might not be the norm, but in average bike world it still very much is. 🙂

Of the 6 external, three are black CK headsets, and one is a Cane Creek 110 which is just as good. (The other two are OEM Cane Creek or FSA jobbies, perfectly fine.

njee20
    Free Member

Average bike world where folk fit £130 headsets…?

Dibbs
    Free Member

Has anyone actually paid £130 for a CK headset?

njee20
    Free Member

I think one person did in 1994.

Stand by my comments though, most new bikes over £1000 or so do not have straight 1.125″ steerers.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Probably all stuck in niche steel HT’s that will go on forever by the sort of people who don’t change frames much. Add in the lack of people buying new 1 1/8th there will be loads less hitting the used market. Given we are probably 2-3 years into taper it’s about when you would expect the used market to slow right down.

hora
    Free Member

I’ve got one in the shed. I’d prefer a minter though for my project build.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’ve got one in the shed. I’d prefer a minter though for my project build.

off you go then
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/chris-king-nothreadset-1-1-8-headset-silver-logo/rp-prod83923

kayak23

I got two sat here, well, not here in the lounge, but yeah, two.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Has anyone actually paid £130 for a CK headset?

Paid £126.89 from Stif for an Inset 3 in 2012

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘1 1/8 Chris King headsets- where have they all gone?’ is closed to new replies.