Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 09 Stumpjumper Expert HT or 09 Trek 8500?
  • bennyboy1
    Free Member

I’m looking to get a nice speedy hardtail for training and the odd race, my LBS will give me a decent discount on Specialized and Trek and my budget is probably £1300 so looking at either 09 Stumpjumper Expert HT or 09 Trek 8500.

I’ve had a look at them and have had a sit on the Stumpy but will probably try and get a demo, however, was looking at any owner’s opinions / recommendations. I was also after the weight’s of the bikes, I’m pretty sure the Stumpy comes in at approx 22.75lbs, any idea what the Trek would be?

Have been trying to work out the strengths & weaknesses of each and it looks like the Specialized has a slightly better drivetrain (X0, X9 vs XT) & fork (09 SID Race vs Fox Float RL), but the Trek has a better wheelset (Bontrager Racelite). Stumpy M5 frame looks lovely in anodised slate whereas the Trek is a coordinated white frame, forks, saddle combo.

lyons
    Free Member

The bontrager race lites aren’t actually at all that light, from memory they are over 2 kilos… Anyway, I had an 06 stumjumper hardtail, it was a great handling, fun bike. I dont think you would go wrong with either though.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘09 Stumpjumper Expert HT or 09 Trek 8500?’ is closed to new replies.