Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 07 Giant Trance frame bearings?
  • dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Wondering what options I have for replacement bearings in my 07 Giant Trance? BETD has a kit for £47, wondering if there is anyone else out there.

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Try Kaesae on here/ Ebay

robhughes
    Free Member

+1 Kaesae is your man.

duntstick
    Free Member

Again, Kaesae sorted my Reign out

lump

Another +1 Kaesae

joeegg
    Free Member

Again,another one for Kaesae.Good price for my Reign.

cakefacesmallblock

Great timing dirtbiker100. Noticed play in my 2008 Trance today and was about to post up ! Cheers all.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Not a problem cakefacesmallblock 🙂 seems like a fairly conclusive result from this thread!

kaesae
    Free Member

Why not give me a shout via email and we can sort something out, how are you changing the bearings, most of them can be easily pressed in and out with a vice to save money, however the upper rear triangle pivot bearings are a bit tricky!

cakefacesmallblock

Great service and help from Kaesae ! Thanks. Highly recommended.

Recieved a full set of bearings for mine this morning.
    Looks like an evening of pressing and rebuilding for me. First time doing this meself. Deep breath, Tea and cake for during “operations” and a beer in the fridge, hopefully for celebration !

bigjim

There is a good thread on mtbr that tells you how to change them, I did it infront of the telly and it was fairly easy, I used the old bearings to push the new ones in. I used kaesae’s bearings too and they have lasted OK, just had the shock serviced and the bearings aren’t too smooth any more but fine for the purpose and will last the winter out.

cakefacesmallblock

Thanks, Bigjim ! Have to use garage really as my vice is bench-fixed although I may make a press yet, so kettle boiling, heater warming up and I’m off out there in a mo !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘07 Giant Trance frame bearings?’ is closed to new replies.