Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 06 Kona Coiler Supreme
  • willej

I've seen a good deal on 2006 Coiler Supreme frames, at only £500 including a Fox DHX5 shock. The question is, are they any good and are they "too much" as a do anything (off road) bike?
    The plan would be to transfer everything from my 456; CK headset, Pikes, XT, Thomson post and stem, Atlas cranks, Hope hubs, XM321s etc.
    What do you think?

slimtubing
    Free Member

I have an 04 Coiler Deelux as my main ride, I am not that fit and bought it on the premise that its tough as phuck, plenty of travel, and will cope with the modest drops i attempt. It's neither light or elegant but works well with a Van rc shock and you can always spec some light ish robust wheelset to offset the porkiness of the frameset with that price.
    i've used it for 12 hour races as its a bit of a skill compensator when you're buggered at 4 in the morning and making poor line choices! 😉
    just my 2 cents.

willej

Thanks Slim'.
    Any other thoughts? What's the bearing life like? Is the tyre clearance good?

slimtubing
    Free Member

mine came with poxy awful nokian 2.3s ditched them as they were both heavy and crap on dry loose surface which is what i predominantly ride.however i reckon you couls get a well inflated 2.5 in easy enough. as for bearings i beleive they are guaranteed for life and are pretty agricultural.

stratobiker
    Free Member

I have a 2005 Coiler Deelux.
    Bought it off ebay to do the Mega. Was gonna sell it after, but it's so much fun I kept it.
    Great bike. Fine for all day trail rides.
    I've even ridden mine in a VTT Rando (think short Merida).

Mine still has the original bearings in, and still has the awful Nokians on. They may be crap, but they don't half wear well.

SB

willej

I'm so tempted…

soma_rich
    Free Member

I have an 06 Coiler with a vanila shock (Which has a pro pedal sticker on it).

I use it for long cross country rides, trail center fun and bombing round the local woods. I have yet to hook the tag-along to it though.

It is heavy and it does bob but its soo much fun its unreal. £500 for a new frame sounds fair. I paid £300 for pretty much the whole bike second hand.

Do it you wont be disapointed. The first time you point it downhill you will be giggling all the way.

willej

Oh poop, too late. They've sold out in my size.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘06 Kona Coiler Supreme’ is closed to new replies.