Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • “Clip-on” Roadie Mudguards – Raceblades or Crud mk3?
  • andysmiff1
    Free Member

Winter bike is back in the shop for potential warranty claim, and got some long rides planned for Christmas break (and beyond)

Could use my commuter (Dolomite SS with full guards) but fear for my knees on anything above 25 miles!

So need some clip on guards for the nice bike (Roubaix SL4 Disc)

Narrowed down to Raceblade Pros or Crud mk3’s.

Had crud mk2 on old bike felt they were a bit hit-and-miss.

Are the mk3’s a big improvement? Or shall I go for raceblades?

Experiences and reviews welcome!

A

simondbarnes

The raceblade pros are much, much nicer.

salad_dodger

I have both and the Crud MK3’s are terrible on all of the three bikes I’ve tried them on.

andysmiff1
    Free Member

salad_dodger – Member
    I have both and the Crud MK3’s are terrible on all of the three bikes I’ve tried them on.

How are the raceblades in comparison? Worlds apart or still a compromise? (Accept they’ll never match full guards for performance!)

A

parkesie
    Free Member

Tried both race blades go on and set up easier. They stay put better and are generaly more stable. Crud cover more tyre but flap about rub and go out of adjustment if its a little windy.

Speshpaul

Are the mk3’s a big improvement?
    Yes.
    Just take your time setting them up. I added some extra Velcro under the fork bridge to stop the front from sagging.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Raceblade Pros

USed these and they are just as good as the full length ones on my commuter/cross bike

SaxonRider

I have raceblades, and have used them since January this year. That means about five or six months of proper winter weather so far.

I can report that they are almost as good as the full guards I used to use, and ten times more convenient.

andysmiff1
    Free Member

Great – thanks all. Raceblades it is.

Off to the LBS in my lunch break tomorrow then!

A

davidr

I’d suggest Raceblade longs rather than Pros. A bit more faff than Pros as you need to remove the brake caliper and they mount with the qr through the stay but much more coverage.

andysmiff1
    Free Member

davidr – Member
    I’d suggest Raceblade longs rather than Pros. A bit more faff than Pros as you need to remove the brake caliper and they mount with the qr through the stay but much more coverage.

Ta – but no caliper to worry about, it’s an SL4 disc.

Just want something I can pop on and off quickly if I see rain when I stick my head out the door before i leave for a ride!

A

davidr

Ah then they likely won’t work then. I didn’t see the fact it was disc!

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Mk3 cruds… unfortunately I was ready for chucking them in a bin within the first few miles of having fitted them. Did get a bit better through the ride but always seemed to be rubbing or flapping.

I’d get some SKS of the ones that strap to the seat stays

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘“Clip-on” Roadie Mudguards – Raceblades or Crud mk3?’ is closed to new replies.