2. What’s your job?
Colouring in for Orange Mountain Bikes, not going over the edges (much).
3. How long have you been racing bikes?
I think I’ll take the fifth. But maybe since the early 90’s, Chipps will remember.
4. What’s the best bit(s) about the Shimano Singletrack Classic Weekender?
Getting to be a downhill hero with your name up in lights (albeit briefly)
5. What’s the worst bit(s) about the Shimano Singletrack Classic Weekender?
The fact that someone came down after me and knocked my name off the top of the leader board, then another, and another.
6. What’s your favourite aspect of the Shimano Singletrack Classic Weekender?
Compact and bijoux, yet challenging and fun. Great camaraderie and a nice vibe all weekend. Rain’n’all.
7. What sections of the Shimano Singletrack Classic Weekender were your strengths?
The gravity assisted bits rather than the gravity challenged sections. But I’m working on it.
8. What sections of the Shimano Singletrack Classic Weekender were your weaknesses?
It’s steep in places isn’t it?
9. Any pet hates?
I like pets for the most part. Dogs rather than cats.
10. What are you never seen without?
Crayola crayons. Pencil sharpener. Derrailieur hanger.
11. Website you visit the most?
Currently, t’would be the Adobe support forum, mostly to write sentences containing swear words.
12. What one thing would you rescue from your burning house?
13. Favourite place to race?
I’ve really enjoyed the No Fuss 10 at Kirroughtree, sad that it’s not on this year.
14. Most impressive cycling injury?
15. What’s your desired super power?
Rewinding time by three minutes to avoid stupid mishaps that have lifelong consequences.
16. What was the last bike race you did?
Tour of Ben Nevis.
17. What is the next bike race you’ll do?
Er… the Shimano Singletrack Classic weekender.
18. What are your expectations for this year’s Weekender?
Expectation may lead to disappointment. So I’ll take it as it comes and enjoy every bit of it.
19. What bike will you be bringing for this year’s Weekender?
It would be easy to say Orange Five. But I’m having a hardtail phase at the moment, so P7?. Who knows?
20. What tyres for the Shimano Singletrack Classic Weekender?
I think I’ll rummage in the Conti box. largish, black chilli-ish, good side nobbles.
Shimano Singletrack Classic Weekender
Lee Quarry, Lancashire, July 14-15, 2012
A weekend of Downhill, Trials and XC racing
Three different races .
The ultimate “all rounder” event
Only £40 for the whole weekend! Includes camping. Entry to all three events. Each race MUST be completed on the SAME BIKE.
Posted on: July 9, 2012