March 24, 2011
If you’re looking for a new job and you want to work in the action packed, high rolling, drugs, champagne and floozie filled world of the mountain bike industry then keep dreaming, because so would we. However, if you fancy a job with a basis in reality then The Bike Chain in Edinburgh have a position open for a Web Retail sales administrator based in Edinburgh. If that tickles your fancy, read on…
“We need a new member of the team to join us at The Bike Chain, here in Edinburgh.
The role is a full time Web Retail sales administrator of www.thebikechain.co.uk based in Edinburgh city centre. Salary to be negotiated.
Our reputation as Edinburgh’s finest cycle retailer has been earned by working hard, whilst finding enjoyment in our work. Our success is dependent on the high quality people in our team and our growing loyal customer base. We are committed to building our high caliber team which has resulted in turnover growth of over 30% year on year for the past 3 years. During 2010, The Bike Chain was nominated for both Best Bike Shop and Best On-Line Retailer by a national consumer magazine, something no other shop achieved.
The role on offer:
· Working in our fast growing web retail ‘department’ you will be responsible for all aspects of its day to day operation
· Assisting with the day to day operation of the shop, ordering and receiving goods as they arrive, assisting with customer enquiries and working flexibly with your colleagues to deliver results in line with our business goals and targets.
· Operating our e-bay store
· Answering queries from customers in a given time frame
· Checking pricing of goods arriving
· Checking customer payments made on line
· Shipping sold goods daily
· Promote and actively sell goods on line
· Liaising with other team members
· You will have excellent computer based skills and be willing to learn new ones where necessary
· Ideally you will be of an outgoing nature and able to communicate in a variety of ways with a variety of different people. You will have a good understanding of the importance of social media and SEO
· You will be a long term type person, interested in making a career and aiming towards a long term goal
· You will have an eye for detail and for doing things the right way
· You will continuously analyse processes and think of new ways of doing things
· You will want to work as part of a strong team and support your colleagues
· Your focus will be on customers and developing long term relationships with them
We invite you to send in a CV showing relevant work history and skills; however we are much more interested in what you plan to do in the future over what you have done in the past. Please submit a written piece no longer than 300 words on what you can do to grow our website and business.
You can email a CV over HERE “