May 26, 2009
News from Andorra via Stanmore:
Initially designed for a slopestyle life, the Absolut SX is going to show that its range of abilities will be much wider. Modern, compact, light, with a 140mm /5,5inches of travel, it will be as comfortable in a bike park as in a twisty downhill trail. Developed and build with Cédric GRACIA’s input, this bike is extremely reliable and knows how to boogy!
All the secrets of the AbsolutSX
The Absolut SX uses numerous new technical solutions:- Has a great size /stiffness /weight balance ratio.
– The main pivot point of the contact system is located on the bottom bracket, enabling a singlespeed build.
– Conical integrated headtube 1.5 – 1.1/8inches: ideal if you want a 160mm fork.
– New 10mm shock mount axles: Easier to re move and stronger
– New rear dropouts, compatible with the Absolut SX, Absolut AL, Absolut 4X and Meta 4X. This design is stronger and provides more surface area for the hub to press against.
– Allows the use of 10mm, 12mm, 12mm Maxle or Singlespeed hubs. Thicker, stronger, they won’t damage the rear arm if a problem oc curs.
– A dust cap integrates an ISCG mount if you wish to ride with a chainguide and some gears.
– All the pivot points are mounted with sealed cartridge bearings, and nickel cromoly bolts, nicer, much more integrated to the dust caps, avoiding the use of washers.
The Contact System of the Absolut SX
The contact system is updated with an innova tive connection around the bottom bracket.
This set-up offers a rear travel of 140mm /5.5in ches with a shock length of 200mm (shock stroke 57mm)
A few final words
A Slopestyle bike, but well adapted to Dirt Jump, 4X, A-Line Downhill, Dirt Merchant!
– 1 complete bike (14,1kg/31,08lb)
– 1 VIP Frame (3,6kg/7,93lb w/o rear shock)
– Available sizes: Short, Long