• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 3,801 through 3,840 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • jam-bo

It’s been said before but if the zwiftpower ‘system’ crashes then it’s pretty hard work to get the results back and it seems most organisers just don’t bother and move onto the next one.

Frustrating but as it’s all unofficial at the moment and free then it’s pretty hard to complain.

angeldust
    Free Member

Frustrating but as it’s all unofficial at the moment and free then it’s pretty hard to complain.

True. Surely Zwift should be doing this themselves since we are paying?

hjghg5
    Free Member

I did Kiss C last night too – not on the main results but I am on the “live” version which was a much fuller list.

Did the international women’s day ride this evening rather than a race, although I was finding it pretty easy so when another group came past on the last lap (possibly ZZRC sub 3?) I upped the effort to stick with them for the rest of the lap.

crosshair
    Free Member

Jam bo- As I’ve alluded to many times in this thread, please note that all the “Waaah, we do this for free” threads on FB have dried up lately.

You can be fairly certain ZP are not out of pocket for their efforts any more* 🙂

*All in my opinion of course 😉

jam-bo

ZwiftPower is an independent site and is not affiliated with Zwift.com in any way.
    Results shown below are generated for race organisers using 3rd party tools. We sometimes experience technical difficulties which in turn affects their accuracy. Please contact your organiser with any questions.

At the top of every race…

cheers_drive

Kiss races appear to have more issues that others. I’ve now largely switched to EVR which are at similar times but different days.
    As someone who is only just a Kiss C, the EVR C cat suits me better too.

Having said that I was short of time tonight so did do a KISS race the TT. My first ever TT – didn’t get into my stride until the last 1/4. I’ve only ever done a handful of RL TTs, I found the motivation easier for them though.

crosshair
    Free Member

Jam bo- The reason Zwift won’t touch racing with a barge pole is that they don’t want to start disciplining their paying customers for race infringements.
    So what they need is a totally independent, publicly unaffiliated organisation (or contractor) to do it for them- like, um, well, Zwiftpower perhaps 😉

The disclaimer first appeared at the same time the moaning about doing it for free stopped if that makes it any clearer for you? Wink wink, nudge nudge 🙂

Again, all of this is my conjecture 😉

crosshair
    Free Member

Also, the head honcho of KISS, Glen Knight is also responsible for a lot of Zwift Community Live work such as the GCN streams last night.

The more distracted he has become with that work- the worse the backroom running of KISS racing has become……

nathb
    Free Member

🙄

crosshair
    Free Member

The latest Zwiftcast even describes Zwiftpower as being ‘supported’ by Zwift.
    That’s the closest public hint yet as to what’s really going on…..

jam-bo

Results from the KISS TT are fascinating. There are some really heavyweights in the C cat….

mashiehood
    Free Member

Chaps – anyone with a neo experience issues post update – unless my fitness has fallen off a cliff I have somehow lost 20/30 watts of power!

jim25

Interesting you say that, my last ride know the neo was after updates and felt like I was really busting a guy to go at my normal pace, so much so I actually bailed from the race.

mashiehood
    Free Member

Hmmmm, something is wrong either as it’s a real struggle at the moment on the neo

mashiehood
    Free Member

Jim – I’m sure you weren’t busting a ‘guy’ though! 🙂

jam-bo

given how much nathb has been posting about how his neo over-reads pretty significantly, maybe you never had it in the first place… 😉

disco_stu
    Free Member

How accurate are the speeds reported by Zwift – they seem a bit quicker ( around 5km/h) and as a result are messing up my best times for a given distance on Endomondo.
    Weight and height are accurate and the turbo trainer has been calibrated using the Tacx app.

jam-bo

perfect world, no wind, no junctions, no cars, always someone to draft etc.

zilog6128

given how much nathb has been posting about how his neo over-reads pretty significantly, maybe you never had it in the first place…

nathb has a vortex IIRC? I haven’t done the update yet on mine & will probably hold off now for a little while! You could try posting in the Tacx forum although it doesn’t seem to be that active/helpful

perfect world, no wind, no junctions, no cars, always someone to draft etc.

yep. Averaged 26.5mph over my (very flat) hour race yesterday 😯 . I consider it good if I’m in the low 20s IRL

nathb
    Free Member

Yeah mine’s a lowly Vortex.

The sun is out now (and slightly going to my head)… roll on the clocks changing and the mudguards coming off the commuter and it’ll be interesting how much I use zwift going forward…

weeksy

As you’re aware this is also my weight/fitness thread as well as my Zwift one 🙂

Training started today in earnest for some longer events. It was windy out there and i was on the 29er, that’s the one thing Zwift misses, the wind, the relentless wind lol.
    Did 2 hours and about 45km… Not too bad actually. Legs felt good on the way out, but on the way back they were seriously lagging, heavy and tired really. That’s what my training is lacking mostly, the longer stuff and lets be honest, 2 hours isn’t THAT long.

I had an inpromptu weigh in… Today was my lowest… 14st 12. That’s from 16st 8-9 pre Zwift in Oct. Still on target to hit 14st 7lb or less for trip in June, then plan is to his 14st 0 for the family holiday in early Aug.

j4mesj4mes
    Free Member

That’s an impressive drop, congrats!

gray

Indeed, well done weeksy!

epicsteve
    Free Member

Well done on the weight loss weeksy. I’ve not been Zwifting for a while because I’ve been working from home and been able to get out for an hour at lunchtime – although yesterdays ride was just a few miles on a Boris bike in London.

My weight is static but I think I’m seeing some improvements in my fitness due to the mileage Zwift has helped me get in so far this year. I managed to average 386W on one of the local Strava segments today, which has put me up to 38th out of 6249 folks that have set times on it. Sadly I don’t perform quite so well on the hillier ones though!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJhSok-lpP4&t=9s[/video]

zilog6128

Nice one weeksy!

I reckon I will still be doing the odd Zwift race in the summer (especially if they keep bringing out more routes) as I do actually enjoy it.

weeksy

zilog6128 – Member

Nice one weeksy!

I reckon I will still be doing the odd Zwift race in the summer (especially if they keep bringing out more routes) as I do actually enjoy it.

Agree totally, Zwifting gives a completely different form of cycling, a different form of intensity and effort for me too, i can’t generate power in the same way in a long structured effort outdoors in the same sort of way as i can Zwifting. There’s also times when 45 mins of racing is better spent that no time outside due to life getting in the way.

jam-bo

I’m gonna need a bigger fan if I’m going to carry on Zwift racing through the summer….

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’m gonna need a bigger fan if I’m going to carry on Zwift racing through the summer….

I don’t think they make a big enough fan!

fifeandy
    Free Member

epicsteve
    Free Member

Not sure I could fit that fan in my spare bedroom!

jam-bo

Just finished a great ZTR race. A couple of flyers went off the front, but the main group of about 15 stuck together for all three laps with plenty of attacks chased down in the last lap. Didn’t have much left for the sprint so 7th I think. Best race I’ve done yet.

jam-bo

Happy with that. 6th but 1s off first. Just didn’t have the legs at the end of the sprint.

weeksy

Ohhhhhhh unlucky mate

harrytoo
    Free Member

Looking forward to doing my first outdoor zwift session on the patio!

nathb
    Free Member

I’ve just discovered the Volcano Mountain.. and a benchmark on the TT bike is set 😆

https://www.strava.com/segments/14267710?filter=overall

greentricky
    Free Member

I am having a nightmare with connections, the bluetooth just seems to randomly drop all connections if left idle for a few minutes like waiting for a start of an event, any ideas? I am assuming wifi signal should have nothing to do with the bluetooth connections? My tacx does bluetooth and ANT+ and I have an ANT+ dongle plugged in but it still seems to lose it even though the dongle is on a usb extension next to the trainer. I can’t work out if it is a app issue, signal issue or things connecting in wrong order issue? I’ve missed three events this week because of it and land up having to restart everything and reconnect 🙁

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Re: translation to real world riding: After too many 1-2 hour sessions on Zwift I was a bit nervous of doing a long ride in the real world. My conclusions: 1-2 mph quicker over a 5 hour hilly ride. Cadence is up 5rpm or so and legs felt fresher for longer. I’m a bit lighter so managed to keep HR down on hills. The most telling thing was my ability to keep a good pace on the flats and roll over little bumps without going up the cassette. It’s great to feel tangible benefits rather than just computer game metrics. Roll on summer…

weeksy

nathb – Member

I’ve just discovered the Volcano Mountain.. and a benchmark on the TT bike is set

https://www.strava.com/segments/14267710?filter=overall

Had a cruise up that the other evening… I only did a 9.59 but i can see a low 9s possible for me…. Less than that.. Hmmm.. Not so sure.

It certainly won’t be in the 7s !

b1gf00t
    Free Member

That’s a good time up the volcano, I have had 3 attempts so far 7:32, 7:32 and 7:34, not improving so maybe I should stop.

And still some seconds off Nathan’s time around the volcano…

Real TT’s this weekend, so no Zwift for me.

weeksy

I was bored and did an ODZ EBB ride, was set to be around 2.2-2.4w/kg and was finding it effortless, mostly sitting at 190-200w and cruising along. 2.5 laps in i thought “really need a drink” and checked… my bottle was EMPTY…

So i think “how hard can it be ….” 3 laps in i jump off the bike and fill my bottle after pulling out a lead of 6s on the ride leader… Quick fill up and jumped back on… “oh shit, i’m 26s down on the leader !”

The problem came that i was now riding at 300w average and it wasn’t coming down by that much…. 21s… “oh come on… seriously”… i got it down to 8s eventually after another full lap, but i’d been doing 325w average and i was still riding solo…. i lost another 1s and was 9s behind and thought “sod this…. ” and bailed out.. Clearly the pack was travelling at way more than the 2.4, sure, mid pack you may be 2.4 but at the pointy end that dictates the speed, it was up in the 3’s lol…
    Turned out to be an enjoyable 45 mins though

Viewing 40 posts - 3,801 through 3,840 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.