• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 9,321 through 9,360 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • nixie

You could be nice and tow them round for a bit before leaving :D.

scaled
    Free Member

I think i might jump on that first base ride as well, playing domestique to Mrs S

blader1611
    Free Member

Robbo – classique course although classed as flat does have a few rises you have to deal with. The warm up lap actually means you ended up going up 3 decent hills to get to the classique course and then every lap is up horseguards hill which i guarantee will start splintering groups. Weeksy really loves this hill, it his nemesis.

weeksy

8pm is a bit late for me and due to being on a 5-2 day it’s also a bit tough. So i’m doing a more gentle SZR ride at 6pm. In Cat D so i can just chill a tiny bit too.

mooman
    Free Member

The 7.35pm or 8.10pm for me … feeling tired already

MSP

Right I am going to give zwift another go tomorrow, how do I find and join a race or ride?

weeksy

Swift companion app from Apple/android store.

robbo1234biking

Well the first race was a bit of a disaster but still a very good workout for 55 mins or so. Started of well put down lots of power at the beginning and held onto the front. Group for the first 14 minutes I think. Then I dropped off and was sitting about the middle I think when I started getting a strange noise.

My set up is in the lounge as we don’t have anywhere else I can do it and the Mrs doesn’t mind. I use two 9mm MDF boards to stop any damage to the carpet and one had slipped as. The floor is uneven and the rear wheel was rubbing on the mdf board. Took about 2-3 minutes to sort out by which time I was last. Tried to catch the guy in front of me but ended up about 20 seconds short.

Also had a brief pause whilst the cat decided to reenact the scene from the rock where Shaun Connery rolls through the spinning things in the rock as she tried to jump through my spinning pedals.

Good points – my ftp increased from 211 to 217 so I want trying hard enough yesterday. Changed the power read out to instant and found it easier to manage and also was clearly able to feel the gradient increases as well.

Checking zwiftpower has me as 3rd out of three! So not sure what happened to the other 9 or so riders. I think the time I lost would have jumped me into second. Lots of improvement to go but that was a much harder workout than I would have done normally, soaked in sweat by the end!

Now what race for tomorrow…

nixie

Good job. You hooked yet?

The disappearing riders is because not everyone has opened their data to ZP. I actually wish they still appeared in the unfiltered list as anon and a time.

robbo1234biking

Turns out I wasn’t last then…

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=85702

Going to give Innsbruck a go tonight. Cat D is 3 laps. Course looks tougher than London so I might bomb on it but might as well give it a go!

My strava activity had 18 others on the course but it is difficult to follow what position the others ended up in.

weeksy

At the moment you have to ignore the results mostly mate.

Since coming back after GDPR, i’ve either got gold/silver in my races… however in reality that’s far from true.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/profile.php?z=164586

You have to just race the people around you at a given moment. It detracts from the overall experience very slightly, not having that data afterwards ….But what can you do… .you just have to go with it.

The hill in the middle of Innsbruck is fairly harsh, it will split the bunch massively, but overall it’s a nice enough course.

robbo1234biking

Oh yeh I am not too bothered about coming last – I was kind of expecting that so I was pleasantly surprised that I kept up with the front as long as I did. Quite enjoyable considering I am indoors and will def help with weight loss which is the main priority at the moment!

My aims for this year are to lose weight and improve my climbing which are pretty much linked. Anything else is a bonus!

nathb
    Free Member

Try and have some rest days guys 😆

Sticking to TR workout plan at the moment, but may dabble in a race on Thursday night – BRT 7:20pm if anyone wants to join.

blader1611
    Free Member

Robbo – i gave you a ride on last night or at least i hope it was you. I tried to watch the race last night as i though a few stwers might be riding but i couldnt find people to watch. My zwift name is s featherstone.

scaled
    Free Member

Yeah,as per Nath’s advice we ended up with a rest day in the Scaled household yesterday.

Surprisingly (for her) Mrs S was quite tired last night and needed a day off…

weeksy

Rest days ? WTF are they ?

robbo1234biking

Planning on Innsbruck KISS race tonight and the time trial tomorrow night with a rest day on Thursday. The 8pm starts are quite convenient for me. the little guy is in bed by then and the Mrs is pottering around so an hour out is pretty good. Then will prob do an extended loop home from work on Friday actually outside!

blader – I did get a ride on from someone so guess it was you. I put STW after my name to make it identifiable. I am still getting used to the user interface and where the stuff is on the screen. The nearby riders isn’t that useful for knowing your position I don’t think.

nixie

The nearby riders list will change to a proper position list on some events. There are some series that don’t have this enabled and you only get the nearby riders.

I may join that KISS race tonight or maybe the Wahooligan one at 7.40 if our terrors are in bed already.

weeksy

I rekon the 4pm Tour of Innsbruck has my name on it today…. Sadly i’ll end up with a crap overall position due to the hill and being an Open cat race… but should get a few nice battles in there along the way.

blader1611
    Free Member

Weeksy i did that race this morning, so many people in it that i lost the front group and had to settle with the next group. Possibly a blessing in disguise though as i think my trainer was playing up as i was having to spin fast in a big gear to really generate the watts on the flat sections, i nearly ran out of gears at one point. I was strong today though and blitzed everyone on the hill on each lap.i even managed a good long sprint and ended up 17th out of 150+

weeksy

90th out of 298.

Got up to about 75th but the hill kept splitting us into smaller groups. Couldn’t quite hold the group I needed on last hill so that was that. Great race, decent power, tough work!

nathb
    Free Member

Rest day might help you get up the hills quicker @weeksy 😆

BTW planning a day out in the forest near yours with the Hillingdon gang if you want to come and laugh at the lack of MTB skills I have, the shoe will be firmly on the other foot 🙂

weeksy

Which one and when Nath?

nathb
    Free Member

@weeksy Swinley? I think it’s called. When I get a MTB sorted which is after one of my bikes sells 😆 Probably next month hopefully 🙂

weeksy

Cool mate, give us a shout, we’ll come play. 🙂

2nd of the 5-2 days today for me…. legs are a bit stiff as you’d expect today…. but it’s raining outside so it’s not impossible i’ll jump on for a gentle one today…. I do gentle sometimes…

robbo1234biking

Well last nights race went better than the previous attempt. Got my set up better this time and was more comfortable in the race for it. I didn’t set off to quickly this time as there were plenty of groups to latch onto. Ended up spending most of the race with another guy although he didn’t really want to take his turn on the front much. Every time I would slow down to let him past he would slow down even further!

Every time we went up the hill he would pull away from me but by the top I would catch him up and go away from him a bit on the downhill. On the final lap I couldn’t catch him up and ended up 1min 20 down on him.

My average power was up for the whole race though so all in all pretty happy. No idea where I came in the overall standings. only 4 riders registered on Zwift power but there must have been 40 or so on the start line for the D’s.

Might do the time trial tonight at 8pm although it will be another 2 laps of the same course.

blader1611
    Free Member

Sounded like a good race robbo.

i did stage 4 of the Innsbruck tour which was another double hill ride. I decided this was going to be a nice slow and steady ride………. Yes you guessed it, 50 mins later i finished the race in 13th with an avg 3.8w/kg and 309w. I got suckered in by being at the front of the race, i must grow up and not race everytime i step on the bike 😀

weeksy

LOL you’re far from alone… i think it’s a bloke thing…. It’s like i say “right i’ll just do a gentle one….” then as soon as i’m warming up i think “legs feel good, what races are there about now…”

nixie

Warm up… Is that where you sprint around the house hoping that there is no update to apply and start pedaling 30s before that start?

weeksy

Often yes… Although i am getting better at the pre-ride stuff now so often i’m in there 10-15mins in advance.

Sometimes though i seem to knacker myself out before we even start !

There’s a nice 16:05 WBR 3 laps classique later… Well, apart from the fact my nemesis is in it too !

https://www.zwiftpower.com/profile.php?z=99093

Richard Dalen…. still can’t work out how he’s a C… he’s a bloody animal !

nixie

:). That’s how it went for me last night.

Did the wahooligan nopinz wbr race. I’m hoping to do 5 of the 7 in the league. This is race 3 of the series and my second. Two laps of London loop reverse. Not ideal with no warm up when even without the As the pace is high and you hit fox hill after a couple of km.

Unsuprisingly the hill was the big splitter. The about 25 got away leaving a group of around 15 to follow and the rest of the 90 plus riders strung out behind. By the end of lap one the lead group was 40s up the road but their pace was high and it fractured again the second time up fox hill. The lead 10 in my group caught the first stragglers at the top, another few out of the tunnel and two more just before the mall sprint. The lead pack were long gone.

We stayed together will around 1km with the odd attack, especially up hills. First sprinter went at 600m. I couldn’t replicate my power from the other day so could only hang on to finish twentieth. Shame as could have been ninth!

Was a bit worried ZP was going to upgrade me as average power was 4W/kg! Fortunately 95% was only 3.9. After along gap without change my FTP went up by 1 to 315. Shows how hard the pace was on the first climb.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=85931

weeksy

Ah well, 16:05 to get a kicking from Dalen 🙂

nixie

Good luck. One day you’ll get him!

robbo1234biking

How did it go Weeksy?

Did the TT. Went pretty well. Focused on ride between 200-240 watts on the flat section with some spikes on the uphill sections. Was about 40 seconds behind after the first lap. Managed to reel him back in on the climb and gapped him by about 5 seconds over the top. He came back at me on the descent but managed to get away again and got 20 seconds on him by the end. I was up on all my numbers including ftp up to 224w.

just commute ride for me tomoz and then again on Friday although might make it a larger commute home on Friday. Rest day on Saturday.

quick question – why does my old ftp still show in Zwiftpower? Do I need to update it or will it eventually pull through a larger ftp from Zwift?

nixie

You have to edit your FTP manually on ZP.

nixie

Never done a TT, from your write up sounds like there is someone to chase?

mooman
    Free Member

I did the 8.30pm race tonight.

It doesn’t show me in the results – although got me listed in the Unlisted riders .. what is Unlisted riders? And why aren’t they/me listed in the results??

scaredypants

TTs I’ve done in the past have been mass-start “races” just with no drafting effect

(there was a variation, maybe called pursuits?, which is one-on-one with no drafting on a sort of FA cup knockout basis)

robbo1234biking

@nixie – As @scaredypants says it is a mass start so you are on the course at the same time as the other riders but there is no drafting advantage. Makes it easier to measure your effort but still provides the impetus to catch and chase people.

@mooman
    – Have  you done your full set up on Zwiftpower and linked it to your Zwift account? There is a bit of a long process to follow. I cant find the information but I think when I went to my profile page it was on there. You also have to share data from Zwift to Zwiftpower.

mooman
    Free Member

I didn’t a ‘race’ the day before and it showed me in the results – but last night only showed me in the I Unlisted riders; no big deal I guess … had to have been at least 20 riders actually in the race, but even with another Unlisted rider showing there were only about 10 showing.

Viewing 40 posts - 9,321 through 9,360 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM