Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Zwift iOS and a Bkool Pro
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

I have a garmin hrm, which is ANT+, so is there any way to use an iPad or am I stuck using a laptop?

siwhite
    Free Member

No idea Andy – I have the same problem!

My iOS app crashed halfway through a session yesterday, so I’m going back to the laptop…

mrblobby
    Free Member

AndyRT, for ANT+ on an iPad you need an ANT+ adapter…

And you’ll likely need a lightning to 30 pin adapter too unless yours is an old iPad. TBH it’s much less faff just to buy a bluetooth HRM. Some do both bluetooth and ANT+ (like the Wahoo one.) Some are bluetooth only (like the Polar one.) I have the Polar one, works well.

AndyRT
    Free Member

I have just been looking at the viiiiva?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Probably work fine as a BLE HRM but if you want to use the ANT+ to BLE bridge feature then you need to check that Zwift supports it. I know Trainer Road doesn’t but no idea if Zwift does. If you don’t want to use the bridge feature then it’s quite an expensive HRM.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Cheers Mr Blobby.

Sage advice.

bensales
    Free Member

iOS Zwift does not support an Ant+ adapter. I tried it with my Wahoo 30pin one that I use via a Lightning adapter with TrainerRoad. It’s Bluetooth only on iOS. Luckily my trainer does Bluetooth power/speed/cadence, so I just needed to get a Bluetooth HRM. Got the Wahoo Tickr.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Is anyone using the Bkool pro with iOS Zwift?

Eddiethegent

I’m using a 4iiii Viiiiva HRM as a ANT+ to BLE bridge so I can connect my Power2Max powermeter to Zwift iOS running on my iphone.

Once the HRM has woken up and is streaming BLE data (power, speed & HR) to the 4iiii app, disconnect Viiiiva in the app and then start Zwift. All the data can then be seen by Zwift and you can pair in the normal way.

It sounds like a bit of a workaround but it’s the easiest way I’ve found to get ANT+ data onto Zwift iOS.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Interesting stuff that it supports the bringing in the Viiiiva. An alternative could also be the Wahoo RFLKT+ that also supports ANT+ to BLE bridging. Be curious to know if that works too, might give it a go later.

jam-bo

my RFLKT+ was pretty unstable just on bluetooth, can imagine it would get any better bridging some ANT+ sensors too…

Eddiethegent

I’ve only been using the Viiiiva/Zwift iOS combo for a total of ten hours, but in that time the connection has been rock-solid.

It seems that Zwift also recommend Viiiva here for connecting ANT+ sensors.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Viiiiva ordered

Thanks everyone

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Zwift iOS and a Bkool Pro’ is closed to new replies.