Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Zwift Data Usage 4g
  • salsa
    Free Member

I’m having to move from home internet to a 4g dongle to run Zwift this winter. Upload and down load speeds seem ok at 14Mbps download and 17Mbps upload where I will be training.

My question is if I train 10 hours per week on Zwift, what data allowance would I need per month. 4GB or 10GB or unlimited?

Is there a simple calculation for this?

Thanks

twrch
    Free Member

I was curious, so looked it up!

https://support.zwift.com/en_us/general-running-faq-rJwKD9MDH

Q: How much data does Zwift require?

A: On average, Zwift transfers about 16,000 B/s, or about 55 MB/h.

55MB/h * 10h/week * 4(ish)weeks/month = 2.5ish GB/month

jam-bo

i did a quick 30 min the other day to check the setup and it was ~40Mb.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Flaperon

Don’t forget to budget on Zwift game updates about once a month, which are ~2GB each.

IHN

Upload and down load speeds seem ok at 14Mbps download and 17Mbps upload where I will be training.

That’s significantly quicker than I get on broadband…

salsa
    Free Member

Yes was surprised on the speeds it loaded far faster than on the home Wi-Fi

salsa
    Free Member

I just ran Zwift on my mobile for 6 mins it used 5.3MB so I assume 55Mbph is as predicted by Zwift, although I wasn’t riding just static with others passing me

breadcrumb

Handy thread. I’ll be setting up Zwift in the shed and it struggles for the home WiFi so will probably just do it off the phone.

stumpy01

Do you need to take into account music streaming at the same time? Not sure I could cope without a constant music feed during Zwift action. Although I suppose that doesn’t have to be streamed!

I did it a couple of times when my wi-fi extender was playing up. It didn’t seem too data-hungry as I guess all it’s actually doing is sending rider data back & forth. The game itself is all done on the device.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Zwift Data Usage 4g’ is closed to new replies.