• This topic has 47 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by timc.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Zara.
  • donsimon
    Free Member

How does the Zara brand fit in the UK High St for clothes?
    I had an enlightening conversation last week, and was interested to Kate Middleton sporting a Zara dress.
    What does Zara mean to you as a brand?

highclimber
    Free Member

am I in an interview?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No, Don.

Just no.

warton
    Free Member

are you going for the anti marketing dollar?

donsimon
    Free Member

Why not?
    So not good then?

BoardinBob

They make nice shirts but they’re far too short in the body 👿

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Maybe you’re just too long in the body?

ton

crap, they do not do a 42” waist skinny jeans.

chewkw
    Free Member

To me the more the merrier as I advocate spending but only if you can afford to. Spend money on things made “locally” to keep the economy going so keep spending because you can’t use those money when you are six feet under.

As for the Zara brand … errmm … don’t care. Brand does not affect me but the high street can have as many brands as they like and the more the merrier.

🙄

aP
    Free Member

Fast response to other people’s fashion shows, derivative, cheap, lasts for 3 washes.

donsimon
    Free Member

As for the Zara brand … errmm … don’t care.

OK, so what about the product?

flip
    Free Member

My Mrs just said ‘skinny clothes’

Dunno if that helps.

chewkw
    Free Member

don simon – Member

OK, so what about the product?

Errmm … only entered the shop once in my life because the girl (think might be two) working there seem nice but I did not buy anything.

As for the quality of the product I guess if they half the price then that will match the quality. Not that the quality is poor but not worth that much put it this way. Brand is just brand …

What I really think people are rip off for is paying so much for a branded tongs or Brazilian G-string … c’mon … how much materials go into that!

🙄

p/s: today I bought a stainless no brand coffee cup (steel 10/18) from TKmaxx for £2.99 that is double walled and come with stainless saucer as well. So I called price matching the quality … normal retail £9.99 but I think £5 retail should be the normal price.

donsimon
    Free Member

c’mon … how much materials go into that!

Best get over to the modern art thread to get the answer to this one. 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

don simon – Member

Best get over to the modern art thread to get the answer to this one.

Yes, look at all those underwear and bras etc … Crikey how much? No, I don’t wear them and no I am into them but was with my ex at that time. The same apply to men’s underwear … Hugo Boss! What? Wearing those branded underwear does not make the budgie bigger … 🙄

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Most made in EU rather than Far East so they can get more ‘new styles’ in more quickly. Owned by one of the riches blokes in Spain from memory

druidh
    Free Member

Very Middle Class.

cbike
    Free Member

Our Resident dance company knows one of their window dressers, so all their shows are propped from last seasons window display.

You can tell.

chewkw
    Free Member

WorldClassAccident – Member

Most made in EU rather than Far East so they can get more ‘new styles’ in more quickly. Owned by one of the riches blokes in Spain from memory

Ya, still, how much materials used? No much. Yes, the brand makes them pricey but only if you are into brands.

duntstick
    Free Member

My Mrs just said she weighs 49 kilos, and the stuff in Zara must be designed around a small boy, as they have no idea what a woman is shaped like.

chewkw
    Free Member

duntstick – Member

My Mrs just said she weighs 49 kilos, and the stuff in Zara must be designed around a small boy, as they have no idea what a woman is shaped like.

yes, that’s why some of them will close shops if they are not careful.

donsimon
    Free Member

Owned by one of the riches blokes in Spain from memory

The richest.

donsimon
    Free Member

Yes, the brand makes them pricey

Is it pricey in the UK?

chewkw
    Free Member

don simon – Member

The richest.

Who? I have no clue who owns what. S/he can be the richest but if I do not see value in the product my money isn’t going to him/her but if s/he has what I want then all the best to her/him.

Is it pricey in the UK?

Yes. Go buy some branded underwear and witness that for yourself.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Nothing other than it was mentioned in one of my spanish books one time! never heard nor seen it since, then again i’m neither a burd nor fashion conscious!

donsimon
    Free Member

chewkw, I’m picking up some negative vibes here, would you care to elaborate on you issues with Amancio Ortega, Inditex and Zara?
    I’m only interested because someone told me, here, that Zara was seen as a luxury brand/product in the UK, and I don’t believe it.
    If I’ve touched a nerve, I apologise.

nbt

Kate

Zara

Quite *patently* different dresses, old bean

chewkw
    Free Member

don simon – Member

chewkw, I’m picking up some negative vibes here, would you care to elaborate on you issues with Amancio Ortega, Inditex and Zara?
    I’m only interested because someone told me, here, that Zara was seen as a luxury brand/product in the UK, and I don’t believe it.
    If I’ve touched a nerve, I apologise.

The only negative is I did not buy anything I guess.

My comments apply to all high street stuff but then if everyone is like me then we might as well live in a cave. 😆

My reasons:

1. The design is not to my liking as I like boring-ish stuff i.e not fashion concious. A slight different yes.

2. I like them plain, simple, practical and long lasting.

No, issue with the Spanish owning the business. He can owns the world if he wants but if I do not buy it then I have no contact with this person.

🙄

ocrider

Very Middle Class.

Cheap and not bad for a suit if you have a low BMI. Had a pair of jeans from there several years back. They didnt last long, way too light fabric.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They’re certainly not seen as luxury. More quick fashion, ever changing lines in store, very up to date. Probably a bit more expensive than TopShop but nowhere near say, Ted Baker or Reiss.

KT1973
    Free Member

Quality not great and everyone else will be wearing it. Same as H&M, I would buy their basic tshirts for messing around in etc but thats about it. Nice and cheap though. Underwear was ok

mustard
    Free Member

Yep H&M, Topshop kinda level. As mentioned; you can tell they’re Spanish as they are long and slim, works for me. Found Celio when I was in Barca last year which was similar kinda place, got some jeans (along with all the very dodgy designer paint splash gear) to go clubbing in after a couple of weeks touring in my cycling stuff 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

T shirts get holes in after the mrs puts them in the tumble dryer “accidentally” for the tenth bloody time!!
    Good fitted shirts, but yes they are short in the body and I ain’t exactly tall!!

CountZero

If they don’t do Japanese selve-edge denim jeans in regular fit for £50 I’m not interested.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Wearing those branded underwear does not make the budgie bigger

😆

Once again, proof of the Genius of Chewkw….

grantway
    Free Member

Shopped there since they first opened
    I recon they are good designed quality clothes at cheap prices
    they have more of a continental design.

emsz
    Free Member

Good basics, they fit me quite well, but they’re pricey for what they are. For people who are too posh to shop in Next. LOL.

joao3v16
    Free Member

couldn’t give a monkeys. it’s just clothage.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I’d say it’s posher than next, but below Reiss and Jigsaw. The customers seem to be older than topshop/topman which is more student. I’ve seen Zara in Spain and it’s different, I’m told in America ‘Peacocks’ is huge and a luxury brand, here it’s in run down old shopping centres or those retail parks next to halfords and Frankie & Bennies.

oddjob
    Free Member

looks fine but doesn’t fit me at all so I stopped going in there years ago

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Zara.’ is closed to new replies.