You're a big bully. Go cry to your mummy.

Home Forum Bike Forum You're a big bully. Go cry to your mummy.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You're a big bully. Go cry to your mummy.
  • Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

an expert in timbrel vault building techniques

now that’s niche.

Premier Icon leffeboy
    Subscriber

Thought this was another lance thread

brakes

an expert in timbrel vault building techniques

now that’s niche.

nah, I’m sure there was one of them on Grand Designs.

core

ahhh, the timbrel vault, as seen on grand designs that once, suffering a partial collapse during construction, niche indeed.

Wonder how they insure those things?

Premier Icon ir_bandito
    Subscriber

you get lots of young men with powerful bikes riding at speed

powerful bikes?

Premier Icon Simon
    Subscriber

Where can I get my hands on one of these “powerful bikes” she talks about.

stumpy01

Hilarious…. 😀

She admitted a charge of assault by beating and was given a one year conditional discharge and ordered to pay £100 costs and £25 compensation to Mr Ramage to cover his dry cleaning bill.

About what she would have got if she had taken him out with a car.

warton

What makes it worse is you get lots of young men with powerful bikes riding at speed

the solicitor does know the case was about push bikes, doesn’t she???

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

nah, I’m sure there was one of them on Grand Designs.

suffering a partial collapse during construction, niche indeed.

sounds more like “not an expert” 😉

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

They should’ve just rubbed her nose in it.

crankboy

“He claimed that the attack was the latest in several previous encounters that he has had with Currall while he was cycling and he now dreaded crossing paths with her.” sounds like she is the local mad woman. I’ve come across a similar one who had a thing about cars parking on the pavement and would attack them and their owners with her walking stick.

Premier Icon puppypower
    Subscriber

This is awesome, I know this guy, he mountain bikes with us.
    Time to take the piss!!

The two of them sound like proper nobbers
    Her – “At least it shows that I was picking up my dog poo. I just hit him with the bag on his arm” she’s got previous gov, too, a pro.
    Him – ‘mental anguish’ from encountering an old biddy (a pretty mental one admittedly), hardly

It’s horsesh!t like this that makes the case for the middle classes to be rounded up and force fed white bread and slalom lager. That’d knock some sense in to’em.

“She did not see him [Ramage] coming in the opposite direction and he was not stopping for her which certainly in the olden days, a man on a bike would have got off and let her through.” The fact that this statement was made by counsell in a court of law makes me sad

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Yeah the story suggests she has previous for attacking neighbours.

Wonder if she’d got a conditional discharge if she was working class and younger?

Premier Icon puppypower
    Subscriber

Also he’s a lovely chap.
    There is some serious bike hatred round Cambridge and ime it’s mostly old ladies with dogs. You can’t win. Ring your bell.
    Too far away, they don’t hear. “Can’t you get a bell?”
    Ring the bell continuously <Abuse for being aggressive>
    Too near, <death stare> Are you trying to run me over?
    They turn round, see you before you ring your bell, you continue, smile nicely “Haven’t you got a bell?” Oh sorry, I thought you saw me, and have a nice day too.
    And their effing dogs are always all over the place too.

I do get where they’re coming from as it’s quite intimidating walking where there are lots of cyclists, some of which cycle like idiots, but some just hate all cyclist.

I love that he was wearing “all the protective gear”. What, like a helmet? If he hadn’t had a helmet he’d have got abuse for that too.

Perhaps you should get off your bike and let them through, like they did in the olden days, touching your forelock while you’re at it, like in heartbeat

Jamie

powerful bikes?

Red ones.

Love Tubs

I have the utmost respect for the cyclist for not making her consume the contents of ‘offending’ bag (which is both ironic and amusing).

wrecker

Whilst Supersoaking a pensioner with the contents of ones bladder wouldn’t result in good karma, it would have been a thoroughly suitable response.

bigyinn

If being buzzed by bikes on a cyclepath intimidates you, perhaps choose a different route?
    Or would that just be too logical?

Premier Icon puppypower
    Subscriber

There are lots of quite nice paths that are joint use round Cambridge though.
    I have to say I do usually think WHY exactly do you come out walking your dog off the lead on a major cyclist commute route at 8:30 in the morning, and then seem surprised when you encounter, shock horror, cyclists.

soma_rich

If being buzzed by bikes on a cyclepath intimidates you, perhaps choose a different route?
    Or would that just be too logical?

I was thinking exactly that 😐

PJM1974

This is hilarious…the pensioner does sound like a right knobber though, if the best thing she can do is to bring up the “olden days” in response to a cycle path being put down then she’s clearly harking back to some non-existent time when cyclists tipped their hats and whistled as they rode, clad in tweed.

Reminds me of the time a pensioner in a Corsa pulled onto a bridleway specifically to stop me and demand that I stick to the highway code, just in case I might decide to ride on a footpath by mistake…clearly utterly bats.

You only get them in the home counties.

nikk

“I am not scared of speaking out about cyclists. A while ago, I bought half a dozen cycle bells and handed them out to cyclists in the hope that they would use them.”

😆

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘You're a big bully. Go cry to your mummy.’ is closed to new replies.