Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • You want to see a dog not under control?
  • radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Benton! BENTON!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmLOokbPTvI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jesus Christ. 😆

Lifer
    Free Member

What an idiot! I mean, Benton ffs!

Jamie
    Free Member

Heh… I knew what this was before clicking the link.

JESUS CHRIST!

carbon337
    Free Member

Thats so bad its not even funny.

theflatboy
    Free Member

haha, amazing! wonder how long it took him to catch up? 😆

carbon337
    Free Member

Poor dog – through no fault of its own has probably ended up dumped in some pound somewhere or put to sleep because of his owners inability to train and dedicate time to it.

headfirst
    Free Member

Benton won’t be allowed to watch those old videos of Wildlife on One anymore, put too many ideas in his head:”As Benton stalks his prey in the Savannah of the Serengeti, he chooses his moment to break cover… JESUS CHRIST, BENTONNN!!”

proper lol

bigthunder
    Free Member

Bawbag owner.

dogbert
    Free Member

I’m still laughing at that

wwaswas

it needed an Ostrich, a donkey and an unsuspecting mtber getting taking out by the deer but otherwise it’s good 😉

I think the impact is partly ‘cos of the plummy voice of the owner.

user-removed
    Free Member

The panic in his voice! I almost felt sorry for him!!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Why do I get the impression that he’s had to deal with that before? Nice one.

alexxx
    Free Member

What an amazing find. BENTOOOON

RobHilton
    Free Member

You want to see a dog not under control?

I thought not, but how wrong I was!

LHS
    Free Member

I laughed out loud but also broke into a cold sweat at the prospect.

I walk my lab that exact route a few times a week and if he was off lead around the Deer he would do the exact thing!

Funny, but really not funny at the same time!

LHS
    Free Member

Poor dog – through no fault of its own has probably ended up dumped in some pound somewhere or put to sleep because of his owners inability to train and dedicate time to it

Believe me, there is no amount of training that can suppress the natural instinct in some dogs. Ours will heal, sit, lie down come on command, heck you could even put a steak on the floor in front of him and he wouldn’t touch it without permission, yet, have some sort of livestock around that he can chase and he suddenly turns deaf and ignores all commands! That’s why he goes on a lead around livestock. He would never attack an animal, just likes the chase unfortunately!!

baldSpot
    Free Member

Haha!

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

it’s pretty funny. But not sure why some people think you can train all dogs out of all unwanted behaviour. My two would have done the same. Given a chance. Chase instinct is very strong. Idiot should have got his lead on first sign of the deer.

ditch_jockey

Believe me, there is no amount of training that can suppress the natural instinct in some dogs. Ours will heal,

I hope it uses evidence-based medicine and none of that namby pamby homeopathy nonsense!

LHS
    Free Member

😀

DezB
    Free Member

Oh Jesus Christ!

Ha ha… however I’ve been there! New dog, field of sheep… “Hope! Hope! Oh Jesus Christ!”

Only the once though 8)

jota180
    Free Member

I’ve seen proper bona fide sheepdogs suddenly get the feral streak and start doing their own thing
    One minute they’re instantly obedient to every whistle and call, the next they’re heading over the horizon and nothing brings them back

Cougar

I hope it uses evidence-based medicine and none of that namby pamby homeopathy nonsense!

They’re backed up by lab tests.

DezB
    Free Member

Believe me, there is no amount of training that can suppress the natural instinct in some dogs.

Too right. My dog has an outlet for it – running around the fields like an idiot after rabbits. I’d trust her off the lead in that deer field these days, for definite.

ditch_jockey

My previous collie once took off after a red deer hind up near Derry Lodge in the Cairngorms – funny as hell when he appeared back round the corner, yelping away, with a fine looking 12 point stag in hot pursuit. Fortunately the stag gave up and went back to his ladies after about 20 metres, but I didn’t appreciate the dog heading straight back for me at the time.

porter_jamie

He was hell bent on chasing those deer.

edit due to incompetence with phone. i thought it was funny…

wwaswas

He was hell bent on chasing those dear

There were old women too?

There’s an awful lot of tweets along the lines of ‘Beeeennnntttttooonnn!!!!’ at the moment.

racefaceec90

😀

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

‘Oh Jesus Christ’ and #benton both trending 🙂

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

would a lab try and take a deer down though? or is it just in it for the chase?

ratcatcher

Does Bentons owner just need to chill and shout “fetch it here!” then Bentons under control and Venisons for tea 😉

martinhutch

Fenton in London

Absolute genius

LHS
    Free Member

would a lab try and take a deer down though? or is it just in it for the chase?

With every lab i’ve ever owned its for the chase.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFppcyRMRM4[/video]

:mrgreen:

sharkbait
    Free Member

Now being played on Radio1….. wonder how long until the RSPCA get involved!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just had a mention from miss cotton on radio 1!

timc
    Free Member

carbon337 – Member
    Poor dog – through no fault of its own

hmmm…

headfirst
    Free Member

Benton in London => actual tears of laughter

reggiegasket
    Free Member

maybe the deer egged him on?
    maybe they talked about his mother is disparaging tones?

maybe they just like being chased?

always two sides to this…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘You want to see a dog not under control?’ is closed to new replies.