Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You are king of the world…
  • LeeW

I think it should be something simple like “Be excellent to each other”.

shermer75
    Free Member

I was going to dismiss this as crazy talk as you’d end up with crazily short minutes – but actually one of your metric minutes would be about half an old fashioned imperial minute so not too bad.

The new minutes would be longer (1,440 minutes in the old, imperial day, 1,000 minutes in the new, decimalised one)

maccruiskeen

bearnecessities – Member
    1. Make Kelly Brook Queen.
    2. Let Northwind & Maccruiskeen sort everything else out.

The Nick and Margaret to your Sir Alan Sugar.

The new minutes would be longer (1,440 minutes in the old, imperial day, 1,000 minutes in the new, decimalised one)

I was basing it on minutes in a years – based on ten months, of ten weeks of ten days

wilburt
    Free Member

coolhandluke – Member
    Decimilise time
    10 months in a year, 10 weeks in a month, 10 days in a week, 10 hours in a day, 100 minutes in an hour, 100 seconds in a minute

This, I can accept most of the fruity shit humans get up to but measuring time in random units really upsets my sense of order. The French(very sensible people) had a go at sorting it out but got ignored.

maccruiskeen

This, I can accept most of the fruity shit humans get up to but measuring time in random units really upsets my sense of order.

Its actually perfectly ordered – clock faces are circular and the most effective way to divide and mark out a circle is with a compass starting by dividing it into six and then dividing on from there, so all the hours, minutes and seconds start from that initial division into six. Dividing into 10 or 100 is pretty difficult to do with any precision. Its the same logic with weights and measures – imperial is all about taking a whole and halving it, then halving it again and again. Metric is about easy maths, Imperial is about easy actions.

akira

I’d get someone to cut my grass, its getting pretty long. Maybe a nap in the afternoon.

wilburt
    Free Member

Thats the kind of backward logic that got us in this situation!

Xylene
    Free Member

I would give the job to someone else after putting a couple of million in my bank account, buying a small island with a teleporter on it to get me home to see mum every so often.

bothybiker
    Free Member

I would ban umbrellas! No more potential eye gouging whilst walking down a street

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘You are king of the world…’ is closed to new replies.