Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Yorkshire are 7th in medal table*
  • Tiger6791

Just saying like 🙂

*Not my maths, but taken from ITV Calendar

anokdale
    Free Member

Brilliant, and if the Browlees are on form today there will be more.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Never fails to surprise me how small and parochial people are prepared to go..like when the news tells us 350 people die in a plane crash and 1 is form here etc

myheadsashed

Junkyard – clearly from a lesser place 😉

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Kat Copeland, one of the rowers who won a gold is from my home town of Ashington Northumberland. We’ve exported a few medal winners over the years including the Charltons which for a scruffy ex mining town with less than 10,000 sufferers is quite awe inspiring…..

Pook

ah well junky. Way to bring a light hearted observation crashing down eh?

good morning yorkshire!

Chris,
    In bed,
    Sheffield

GO TEAM YORKSHIRE!

PrinceJohn

Isn’t there a tiny town in northern Ireland with 3 gold medalists? Where would they be in the medal table?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yes I just have to make do with Wiggins living in the same town as me…times are hard

Pook

No, you have to make do living in lancashire.

Times ARE hard.

😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

I know the shame of having you lot as neighbours 😳

I am from Scotland I dont care about this schism tbh

athgray
    Free Member

Don’t want to sound pedantic, and this may not be the case, however you can’t just stack up all the medal winners who are from Yorshire. Were any of the winners in team events where the other members of the team are not from Yorkshire? If so then it wouldn’t count.
    Funny stat though. My father in law is from Yorkshire. He will be amused.

zippykona

Hey,guys lets just think of all the medals our global community has won.
    Each and every beautiful person is a winner.

Right, that’s me being nice for today ,back to grumpy pants.

cp

Brilliant, and if the Browlees are on form today there will be more.

I’d prefer it if they were on form on Tuesday, not sure how they might contribute to the medals today 😉

loum
    Free Member

Yes I just have to make do with Wiggins living in the same town as me…times are hard

That’s like Mo Farah training in the USA.
    And then the yanks jumping on the Mo bandwagon ‘cos he’s better than their own. 😉

brakes
    Free Member

Chris Tomlinson who was in the long jump yesterday went to my school and was the succesor to my triple jump crown at sports day.

mrmo
    Free Member

As established in another thread we are all Kenyans, so isn’t Kenya doing well.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Indeed it is…..he only even lives in the same borough as me so perhaps more like a Canadian claiming Mo

br
    Free Member

Never fails to surprise me how small and parochial people are prepared to go..like when the news tells us 350 people die in a plane crash and 1 is form here etc

Best headline in local paper ever was ‘Hull Man lost at Sea’

The Titanic had gone down.

anokdale
    Free Member

I stand corrected over the Brownlees, i am not in the UK so picking bits and pieces up but yes Tuesday will be fine if the Tykes rock up on form.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Brilliant. Well done Yarkshire folks.

Pigface
    Free Member

😆

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Grand!

cranberry
    Free Member

Kat Copeland, one of the rowers who won a gold is from my home town of Ashington Northumberland. We’ve exported a few medal winners over the years including the Charltons which for a scruffy ex mining town with less than 10,000 sufferers is quite awe inspiring…..

She went to school in Yarm, and lives near Stokesley – She belongs to us now!

🙂

crankbreaker

Ed Clancy’s Gold postbox, well done fella, maybe we’ll see his support in the Championship next year too!

julianwilson
    Free Member

Plymouth is so “everyone knows everyone” that at work we recently played “the six degrees of Tom Daly”. Though most of us managed it in less than six moves/associations and a total of three of my colleagues turned out to to be 2nd cousins or by-marriage related to him.

Favourite connections of the contest were “my mate sold his dad a van once” and “my sister danced at the prom with him and he was well buff.”

unklehomered
    Free Member

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/aug/06/pass-notes-yorkshire

All ney sayers shall be beaten to death with a whippet! An angry one.

jota180
    Free Member

She went to school in Yarm, and lives near Stokesley – She belongs to us now!

She lives in Ingleby Barwick – which is in Cleveland, not Yorkshire

unklehomered
    Free Member

When the war comes Cleveland will be assimilated.

MrSparkle

I thought Yorkshire was a country… with it being full of… er, anyway 😀

ransos
    Free Member

If we go by where people are born, and consider traditional county borders (seeing as Yorkshire is now several counties):

Andrew Triggs Hodge – born in Buckinghamshire
    Katherine Copeland – born in Northumberland

That leaves Yorkshire with three gold medalists: Jess Ennis, Ed Clancy and Brownlee

Lancashire has four gold medalists – Peter Charles (Liverpool) Etienne Stott (Manchester) Jason Burke (Colne) & Jason Kenny (Bolton).

Just one of many reasons why Lancashire is better. 😉

BurnBob
    Free Member

If the Brownlee boys were a country they would be 32nd in the medal table. However they are not a country so this is irrelevant!!

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Yorkshire are 7th in medal table*’ is closed to new replies.