Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Yoof of today: scared of dementia?
  • bananaworld
    Free Member

I've just got back from a concert (or "gig" if you prefer) that rather rocked my world and was once again irritated and annoyed by the technology people carry with them, specifically: camera phones.

There seems to be more and more of them at every concert! And they're really rather off-putting: it's dark and ambient and moody… only to be spoilt by hundreds of glowing screens.

Will these kids not be able to remember the show later in life? I'm certain I'll remember it, even after the bruises fade and the sweat is washed off. Why do they need to record it in poor quality film whilst being jostled around?

Gah, I'm getting old before my time.

Edit: though was rather pleased to find my bike still locked up outside!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Dunno, I grew out of enjoying rowdy gigs at the age of 18 i think can't stand them or half of the people that go to them, rather listen comfy in my own house.

Ambrose

They have a facility to do what they want to do, so they use it. Much as you do, posting on here I suppose. Difference is that they are perhaps unaware that you are doing so. Times change, we need to go with that or we stagnate.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I'm terrified of dementia 🙁

theboatman
    Free Member

At 37 I do sometimes feel like I'm waiting to give someone a lift home when the lights come up at the end 😳 but as someone that goes to quite a few, I think it's all ages that are using their phones etc, but I generally go for the band not the crowd. I really hope I don't grow out of them, as I still get to see real nail biting performances that can never be captured and listened to at home. But I do tend to stand a bit further back nowadays 😉

mboy
    Free Member

You're just old before your time bananaworld… That or you should stop going to "gigs" for the type of music that 16 year old girls like! 😉

All you miserable buggers that are old before your time, I dunno eh… Age is just a state of mind after all!

EDIT: If you've got any time off over Christmas, and wanna go "29ering" or something, let me know mate… 😉

MrNutt
    Free Member

get to the front or take to the balcony and urinate freely, you'll see this lesson will enable you to leave every gig you attend grinning and steaming alone outside in what you believe the excitable fruits of your own great efforts!

bananaworld
    Free Member

Funny you should say that, mboy, it was packed with tiny teenage girls! Which confused me somewhat… but they are small and convenient to see over :mrgreen:

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Nah, you're dead right bananaworld. I went to a gig on Wednesday night and was surrounded by people – mainly younger than myself – checking/updating their facebook pages during the gig 🙄

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Yoof of today: scared of dementia?’ is closed to new replies.