Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Yoga/pilates classes… men, what do you wear?
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Seems to be loads of online stores selling nice stuff for ladies (sweaty betty etc.) Is there something similar for blokes? What do you wear?

mega
    Free Member

stumpy01

Shorts (not teeny running ones) and a t-shirt. Or sometimes tracky bottoms.

spacehopper

usually a mankini as above…

but when its cold.. i usually wear some just above the knee length shorts i got from gap… and whatever tshirt is at the top of the drawer..

just wear whatever you want.. normal gym clothing is fine.. just make sure you can move around in it very easily..

I’ve seen people in full on tracksuits.. down to.. (i kid you not) a bloke that turns up occasionally doing it in what appears to be his hot pant style pants and vest.. 😥

richardk
    Free Member

Tight neon lycra

Or just running shorts and technical t shirt

xcgb
    Free Member

Baggy shorts

slugwash
    Free Member

A lightweight cotton T-shirt and a pair of mid length Karrimor running shorts – not my shorter Adidas running shorts ‘cos they’re a bit revealing in certain postures and that’s not nice for anyone!

mrblobby
    Free Member

It’s just me in the class and it’s quite a chilly studio so wanted something more than just shorts and t-shirt.

zilog6128

I just bought some baggy sweatpants from Sports Direct and wear with a t-shirt. They have loads of hoodies too. Their own brands are cheap and the quality is fine. Really don’t see the need in spending out £££ for “boutique” exercise-wear.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just wear a pair of my usual running shorts. They are like these ones:

http://www.sportsdirect.com/nike-7inch-2in1-running-shorts-mens-453427

….the inner tights stop me julies falling out when I am doing headstands.

cinnamon_girl

Oh yeah Jamie? 😉

binners

tazzymtb

have a look at Prana stuff. Their trousers and shorts are brilliant, I like their T shirts too.

IHN

Cheap footy shorts from Sports Direct and a tshirt.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Linen trousers. Tight vest. Hair in a bob on the top of the head.

/yogastereotype;

kilo

For yoga I try and wear tight tops with a Lycra content otherwise I find in some of the inverted poses anything baggy tends to drop over ones face making breathing a tad more difficult. I should add I am crap at yoga

eyerideit
    Free Member

Thin cotton jog pants/tracksuit bottoms and a thin wifebeater or t shirt or even a old pair of Ron Hills and a HH life top would do.

It’s not a fashion parade (unless you’re well into it).

mrblobby
    Free Member

I shall pop down my local sports direct and see what I can find. I’m not entirely convinced as I’ve walked past it a few times and it usually resembles a jumble sale.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member
    jonba
    Free Member

Thin relatively fitted but not lycra tight running pants and realtively fitted T-shirt.

For Pilates it helps if your teacher can see your body however, no one wants to see you smuggling budgies.

nicko74

Running shorts with liner to keep the rabbits in the hutch; t-shirt with a long back tucked into them

jambourgie
    Free Member

Something I’ve always wanted but never been able to find: A yoga-mat bag that has two straps for your shoulders and sits in between your shoulder blades like a quill (sp). Would be ace for going to class on the bike without it swinging around all over the place.

crikey
    Free Member

What this chappie wears…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rQxa3Agt00[/video]

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Let it/them hang out in a loose pair of rugby or running shorts – only fair, given the amount of wind breaking the ladies do in yoga, especailly the old ones!!!

alwillis

You asked for boutique- try lululemon. Brand from Vancouver (massive yoga thing there). Nice range if menswear which does the fitted but not skintight thing quite well I find*

*i have done yoga once. Tend to use it as normal gym/running stuff usually

zbonty

I’ve been doing it for about a year wearing my Endura Singletrack shorts and a t-shirt. I’ve been meaning to get something more specific.
    Maybe a psychedelic tie-die onesie and matching bandana would be nice.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Baggy cycle shorts and a cotton t shirt. have stretch in the right sort of places but can be a bit bulky for some postures

chojin
    Free Member

I’d be wearing a look of shame on my face.

JulianA
    Free Member

Maybe a psychedelic tie-die onesie and matching bandana would be nice.

Really doesn’t crop up all that often, this phrase…

jambourgie
    Free Member

Rex Kwon Do pants FTW

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzh9koy7b1E[/video]

zippykona

My yoga teacher often tells of a man who used to wear baggy shorts and no pants.
    She dreaded getting him into a lunge as his winky would pop out to say hello.

hammyuk
    Free Member

I’d like to be wearing the instructor who runs the classes next door to my unit……

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Yoga/pilates classes… men, what do you wear?’ is closed to new replies.