Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Xtracycle Brooks makeover to laid back riding
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Just antipimped my Xtracycle. Wildly swept back bars, Brooks grips & saddle.

Before

Click pic for more

After

Brooks saddle – OMG!!!! Nicest saddle I’ve ever sat on, super comfortable!

MrNutt
    Free Member

thats like the yin (in) to your other, lovely bike’s yang (yo)

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I know, it’s looks well numpty, but it’s sooo comfy and it’s a utility bike that gets used for serious load lugging. Besides, no-one’s going to want to nick it now. I reckon I could almost park it up in Bristol with confidence!

mocha
    Free Member

nice.

where did you get the bars from?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

bars from Woolyhatshop – £15!!

miketually
    Free Member

Utility bikes without cruiser bars have started to look really wrong to me. Can’t wait to get my Yuba Mundo.

Looks like a nice conversion. Next step: fatter tyres and a rigid fork?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Fat tyres & rigid on the list, but works well as it is at the moment anyway

mocha
    Free Member

Hmmm… can’t find those bars on their site. May have to give them a ring. My Dummy is crying out for them. Can you remember what they are called? Cheers.

mocha
    Free Member

Thank you! Bought some 😀

CHB

Really fance an xtracycle, but not as a conversion. Hope a few frame builders bring out an alternative to the Surly Big Dummy

miketually
    Free Member

CRC had some cruiser bars in their flood sale for cheap.

Or at http://www.practicalcycles.com/userimages/procart25.htm for £16.99

AdamM
    Free Member

Nice combo of bars/saddle there. Not too sure about the choice of grips but they are definitely personal preference.

Is that a regular Brooks B17? I’m thinking of the same for my Xtracycled Love/Hate (no Xtracycle yet, but definitely a long way down the planning stage…)

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Yes it’s a B17, so very comfortable it its too!

AdamM
    Free Member

Really fance an xtracycle, but not as a conversion. Hope a few frame builders bring out an alternative to the Surly Big Dummy.

The Xtracycle approach is complex and requires a lot of extra fabrication so I doubt you’ll ever get an alternative to a Big Dummy that is particularly affordable. That’s where much simpler approaches like the Yuba Mundo and Kona Ute come in. If minimum cost is your goal and you aren’t willing to go with the ‘bolt-in’ approach of an Xtracycle, I reckon a Mundo or a Ute is a much better bet for a whole bike than waiting for a cheaper Big Dummy.

ourmaninthenorth

Nice look, cheesey.

I’m starting to think that cruiser style bars are an excellent thing for any bike. Who wants to go fast anyway…?

I think I need to start stockpiling stuff for this Xtracycle build….

AdamM
    Free Member

I think I need to start stockpiling stuff for this Xtracycle build…

LOL. Me too, Tom! I ordered a pair of Dig Dummy forks for the Love/Hate on Saturday… the first step has been taken. 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

the first step has been taken.

Doomed, I tell you. Doomed.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Great stuff cheesy, that looks excellent!

😀

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Xtracycle Brooks makeover to laid back riding’ is closed to new replies.