Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Xs mountain bikes
  • lukesguk
    Free Member

My son is in to triathlons. As part of his training some has suggested some mountain biking to develop strength only thing is we have no mountain bike
    Looking for a xs small one can any one recommend a good bike to go for
    Does any one have one for sale

cinnamon_girl

Why a mountain bike? Why not a road bike?

lukesguk
    Free Member

He has got a road bike just wanted to do some kind of extra winer training
    Trouble is there are so many different bikes just wanted to speak to a few people about there experiences

robbo
    Free Member

How old is he? I’ve just built an xs On One Inbred with old bits for my 13 year old daughter and its awesome. With good light bits it works perfectly and I can change the frame as she grows for about £100 a time.

lukesguk
    Free Member

He’s 11 but he is very small only only about 1.45 m

robbo
    Free Member

Difficult age. 26in wheels may be too big even in xs size. Go to a shop and tty a few. I hate they way they grow its so annoying… 😉

cinnamon_girl

Hmmm, difficult one. Trails are really bad just now and will be for some time. Is a trail centre an option for riding?

I think you’ll find that many people here have taken to the road cos they’re fed up with mud and damage to the bike!

lukesguk
    Free Member

Thanks for your advise

lukesguk
    Free Member

We have borrowed some old dinosaurs and been riding in rendalsham Forrest in suffolk nice terrain

campfreddie
    Free Member

i’m about to sell a size XS Giant Talon 3W (which is actually a women’s specific frame)… it’s a 2010 model, bought in 2011 and used about 5 or 6 times (until the missus got pregnant)

it has been upgraded with Marzocchi air forks, Mavic wheels, Juicy 5 hydraulic discs, Deore/Deore XT gears, Sram cassette, Easton stem etc etc… so it’s quite different from the standard bike with cable discs, heavy suntour fork etc

not sure what it’s worth yet… need to do a bit of looking into it.

xiphon
    Free Member

If he wants to develop strength (and bike skills), BMX racing is a good one – strong legs (it’s a spring race essentially) and upper body (manuals, jumps, pumping, etc)

Very cheap (by comparison to MTB/Road), great fun, and very family-orientated too.

My race BMX (build second hand) for 2013 has cost me a grand total of…. £200, yet weighs 22 lb.

And race entry is £3 for the day….

gusamc
    Free Member

little so n so is bigger than my gf, so will deffo fit a Spec Myka 13″ (try fleabay etc) might also be worth trying a 15 coz it will presumably last longer…. with growth

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Xs mountain bikes’ is closed to new replies.