Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)
  • Xmas present you gave youself
  • fatbikeandcoffee
    Free Member

I may have purchased a new “to me” having had two previous rides Rocky Mountain Blizzard 50 .. fab bit of kit but have already broken rear hub 🙁 but excellent (shock horror) service from RM disty in UK.

[url=https://postimage.org/]free image host[/url]

James

MoreCashThanDash

It came early due to Condor’s annoyingly excellent service…

Happy Christmas to the one I love

Still not got round to sorting the shifter position though

racefaceec90

i don’t celebrate xmas but i bought myself a ps4 with no man’s sky and the last guardian at the beginning of the month.

bearnecessities

Yay! Congrats 🙂

tazzymtb

I got a drawing of lots of bits of very special bendy shaped titanium tubes, which are being turned into frame forks and bullmoose bars all ready for early 2017

Waiting for satan as a child was never as bad as this

onandon
    Free Member

I picked up a Habit Black to reward myself for working bloody hard and getting knocked back at every step.
    2016 truly has been a shit year.
    I’ve changes some parts now but you get the idea.

davosaurusrex

Sweet FA but my boy cracked my tablet screen with over enthusiastic commitment to Crossy Road two days before Christmas. Bah humbug.

myti
    Free Member

X box one and it’s getting a lot of use! Really getting the hang of Battlefield online now!

mickmcd
    Free Member
    MrSmith
    Free Member

A universal works suit, a knitted silk tie, Paul Smith pocket square, Police Master 2 polarised tortoiseshell shades and a pair of Redwing Beckman boots.

core

Thought it was going to be a PS4, but alas, so far an £18 Lego fire engine for 5-12 yr olds.

However, probably picking up a second hand mk2 Solaris frame tomorrow, and hopefully looking at a second hand trials bike. If it all goes to plan, should be a nice bit of change from £2k.

Oh, and just because I love the look of them, probably a new 26″ bfe in THAT red at some point, so I can pop up to the new skills track at NyA and learn some skillz n that.

somafunk

A VW Caddy Highline van as my 13yr old van was scrapped t’day due to mot failure, not exactly a Xmas present but it’s the only thing I’ve bought this month

I’ve never owned a vehicle with such things as electric windows before so you can quite imagine that I’m overcome with wonder at the lavish interior and posh lighting not to mention cruise control.

bearnecessities

Nice van!

Mick, WTF is that?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Luftkappe In lieu of a Lyrik conversion for my Yari, I’ve decided the Yari is more than good enough for me already.

Also ordered some Orange decals for it to match (sorta) my orange colour frame.

maccruiskeen

My treat to myself this year is a set of David Mellor* Pride Cutlery.

*(not that one)

13yr old van was scrapped t’day due to mot failure

I once had to scrap my car on christmas eve and cycle home with the cash in my back pocket. I then went into town with my brother and we drank the car.

stumpy01

Nothing yet but gonna buy a Tacx Flow Smart tomorrow from Halfords and probably a sharpening stone and honing guide from Amazon with the voucher that I got as a gift from work…

mactheknife

Badnewz, I don’t ride motorbikes and have never had the urge until I saw that thing of beauty you have coming your way. Then saw this in Vimeo. Doubt the lifestyle would work in Scotland though 😀 [video]https://vimeo.com/116764800[/video]

colournoise

[url=https://flic.kr/p/PrtTmR]vivano 01[/url] by Rob P, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/QBGCDy]vivano 02[/url] by Rob P, on Flickr

To replace the old Kangoo. Got a pretty decent deal on it so the pressie to ourselves has been enhanced by a few shiny bits – new wheels, roof bars, etc.

maccruiskeen

Bikebouy – is that a wetsuit or an archery target? High scores for hits on the throat, heart, groin and knees?

colournoise

colournoise – Member
    vivano 01 by Rob P, on Flickr
    vivano 02 by Rob P, on Flickr

To replace the old Kangoo. Got a pretty decent deal on it so the pressie to ourselves has been enhanced by a few shiny bits – new wheels, roof bars, etc.

Oh, and a Purgatory Grid to replace the Slaughter Protection I shredded on my last trip to The Peak.

stewartc
    Free Member

My treat to myself this year is a set of David Mellor Pride Cutlery

David Mellor and Pride, not a combination of words heard ever before

LeeW

Got myself a Garmin Fenix HR yesterday with 20% off as my (belated) present to myself.

steveoath
    Free Member

Moog Werkstatt 🙂

brassneck

T4 Caravelle 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Moog Werkstatt

I have no use for one and only a vague idea of what it might do… but I still want one!

prawny

I bought myself a Forerunner 235 which is coming today. But I’m already wishing I’d got the Fenix HR.

Not sure I can justify (or afford) the extra £170. But it’s a nagging doubt that I’m worried won’t go away.

twohats
    Free Member

11 speed XT. Going to start fitting it once the kettle has finished boiling…

smogmonster

Came into a couple of quid, so a new Trek Fuel Ex 9.8 +, a new telly, and a trip to Paris with the missus. And socks.

rmgvtec
    Free Member

A new to me bike, a 2015 giant propel with fancy bits such as carbon wheels

sands
    Free Member
    badnewz
    Free Member

Very stylish hammer.
    If I’m ever murdered, I want that to be the weapon.

toby1

For what may be the first Christmas ever I’ve not bought myself anything, or since either.

Feeling a bit stretched for cash at the moment, although this is because I’m skiing in Jan, have my wife’s 40th that I’ve just booked a trip to Barcelona for and then want to go to Canada possibly via Seattle in September. So not really a problem, more just living life while I can.

Caher

Just bought myself a new mug. Stoneware one of Amazon for tea after winter rides.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

some used but mint Hope-hubbed carbon tub wheels for the CX bike, complete with FMB Super Muds 8)

djglover
    Free Member

Treated myself to a custom build Mason Definition, brilliant bike, done about 300 miles on it already in the last week. Works out MUCH cheaper to buy the bits and build yourself, in the order of 20% less than the full build bike.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/QuSHwN]Untitled[/url] by danjwilkinson, on Flickr

beej

A Eureka Mignon Mk 2 Instantaneo Grinder.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Hermes aftershave.
    I have never spent £70 on aftershave before, but having sprayed some on, I am now officially attractive to all the women (and probably lots of men) on this here planet.
    Maybe.

Northwind

I am a grownup I will act like a grownup I will do grownup things

I am not a grownup

bearnecessities

Hermes aftershave……I am now officially attractive to all the women

<Voiceover> My Hermes – because women love it that you come late and when you do, you can throw it on the roof.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Bearnecessities, do you work in advertising, because if you don’t you have a wasted talent!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Xmas present you gave youself’ is closed to new replies.