Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • X-Fusion Slants – how do they bear up to the wear and tear of regular riding?
  • Leadfold

Just taken delivery of my shiny (and they are very shiny) new Slants. Slightly off put by the hi gloss black coating (I say coating as I can’t tell if it is paint, powder coat or what). It looks rather ‘plasticy’ and a lower quality finish to the Fox and Rockshox I am used to.

Anyone out there owned a set of X-Fusion forks for a while. If so how do they bear up?

bigjim

where did you get them from? don’t seem to be many UK stockists. Kinda curios about them.

Leadfold

I bought them from Freeborn Bikes. They aren’t hard to find on the web.

seavers
    Free Member

I have just bought a set too, just fitted and haven’t had a chance to ride yet.

Not sure about the paint work. Looks OK to me, yes very shiny but inspecting it I think it looks pretty good quality. The Fox forks they replace do have a nicer feel of ‘satin’ finish.

Got mine from 18 Bikes. Bloody great service.

bungalistic
    Free Member

Mine look no better or worse than any other fork i’ve used and abused for a year or so. Main marks are from cable rub or crash damage.

matther01
    Free Member

As with all my bikes…just cover the forks with helitape, job done.

Got mine from jtech with custom tune and lowered as part of the price.

andymc06
    Free Member

Had mine for a year. Great fork and still in great condition! 🙂

peacefulparsnip
    Free Member

I’ve got a set, and they’ve held up just as well as any other fork I’ve ever had. I’ve got one paint chip from a rock strike on the lower leg, and several grazes on the stanchions, my foxes were similar after a few months of riding.

Leadfold

Thanks folks- reassuring.

Tracey

Abigale has got some on her Enduro. I havent tried them but she rates them and cant wait to giving them a good test in the Alps. Got them from 18 Bikes and was a great service. Easily set up for a light rider.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘X-Fusion Slants – how do they bear up to the wear and tear of regular riding?’ is closed to new replies.