Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Wych New Hub Bearings (igmc…)
  • stayhigh

Morning All,

I’m in need of a new 68072RS for my Bontrager Line Pro rear hub. Any reason why not to get THIS one from Wych Bearings? Have always used Enduro bearings but as I’d not got any replacements for a while thought I’d check if there was anything better?

MartynS

same one on simply bearings a bit cheaper and free postage..

Onzadog
    Free Member

Max is usually a full complement bearing as used in non rotating applications like frame pivots.

You can search 61807 or 6807, they’re the same bearing. Stick an S on the front if you want to try and find them stainless.

BearBack
    Free Member

i’ve a feeling LLU seals (max) aren’t the best for hubs.

Onzadog
    Free Member

LLU is a sealing system with a firm contact seal in a groove.

LLB is similar but a light contact.

SRS is a snap ring seal so more drag but better sealing.

2RS is just big standard seals.

What was the failure mode on the outgoing units?

mboy
    Free Member

6807 bearing in a hub? Are you sure? Sounds bloody enormous to go inside a hub to me!

But yes, either which way, Max compliment bearings should be used in frame pivots not in hubs or BB’s, they won’t last long or roll very efficiently in a hub or BB!

stayhigh

Definitely a 68072RS. This bearing is only on the drive side with a smaller 6902LLB on the NDS.

NDS

The current bearing appears to be seized and has no movement. The wheel does still turn despite this however I’d rather get it sorted now while its having a service.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Just asking as if it’s contamination (sounds as if it is) then a better sealed bearing and/or a stainless bearing might help.

Any new bearing in that application might be worth lifting the seal and backing with grease. The SRS if you can find one, will make this easier.

TJ will be along shortly to tell you not to lift the seals

stayhigh

So if I’ve got this right the Max should be avoided as its not ideal for hubs but in the absence of stainless steel ones, which I can’t seem to find, find the 6807LLB should suffice?

As for getting the old one out that’s going to be a shop job as there’s about a rizla worth of space between it and the drive ring.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Wych New Hub Bearings (igmc…)’ is closed to new replies.