Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)
  • WTD: Suggestions for Girl's Name
  • ratherbeintobago

Sat at home with heavily pregnant wife and toddler waiting for arrival of #2 daughter. For whom we haven’t come up with a name.

Cheer me up with your suggestions. Ideally not beginning with A, I or N.

Andy

jimc101
    Free Member

Plenty here [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZXmBbLoEIU[/video]

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Brian.

Sandwich

Somthing with an ‘e’ sound at the end so it carries when you shout it?

Sandwich

On a serious note Caitlin.

JEngledow
    Free Member

use all three letters with IAN!

lunge

Martha

carlosg
    Free Member

We only have boys but had Eve lined up for a girl.I really like flower names(Rose/Lily ect) for girls but seeing as my surname is Gardner it would sound more like a job title than a name.

scaredypants

How about a bikey tribute ? Deore(en) 😉 , Victoria/Laura/Dani/Nicole etc, Anne-Caroline (I quite like that actually, with or without hyphen), Rachel, Celeste, Missy, Beryl (oh yeah!), …

ronjeremy
    Free Member

whatever you opt for remember to go for a comedy or phonetic spelling…..

Moses

Choose something which has a nice abbreviation so she can have a choice of names.
    Go retro with Elizabeth, Rebecca, Adelaide, Brunhilde.
    Go Welsh with Mfanwy (Muffy to her mates) or Gwyneth or Angharad,

chewkw
    Free Member

Lydia …

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Darcy 🙂

m0rk
    Free Member

Picked my daughters by looking at the most popular list for the previous year & made sure she was nowhere near the top

Ended up picking a germanic name (Heidi Marie) which I think was 97th at the time – hopefully she’ll be the only one in her year at school (I was one of 12 Mark’s in my year)

Others in our antenatal group must have done the opposite & picked top 10

glupton1976
    Free Member

La-a.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Helva,

Teela,

Killashandra

Tamiko

mucker

How’s about the month of birth, some work better than others.

cinnamon_girl

Just make sure it’s not one of those ghastly names from some stupid TV programme. 😉

ratherbeintobago

Brian.

Everyone knows that the only appropriate suggestion in that vein is Bernard 😛

Picked my daughters by looking at the most popular list for the previous year & made sure she was nowhere near the top

Made that mistake last time; picked what (if you add all the various spellings together) is the most popular girl’s name (Isobel). Wife suggested Jessica this time; I’m not keen as it’s about #3.

How’s about the month of birth, some work better than others.

March?

Just make sure it’s not one of those ghastly names from some stupid TV programme.

Skylar it is, then 😛

Thanks all – keep the suggestions coming.

DrP

Chardoney. Spelt like that.

Or, evie s a nice name….

DrP

ratherbeintobago

Chardoney. Spelt like that.

DrP,

I suspect you have (as I have) served a debt to society on Labour Ward, and smiled through gritted teeth and said that ‘Storm’ is a lovely name when new parents tell you what they’ve chosen.

Andy

eruptron
    Free Member

Spudulika 😯

aa
    Free Member

Kitty
    Lasqueesha
    Clara
    Belle
    Bella
    Laqwanda

Mrs aa didnt like any of the above, other than kitty, so we chose ava for baby aa mark2.

ochils
    Free Member

something classy like Armani or Chelsea …

jon1973
    Free Member

Frogmella

Someone I used to work with named their girl Lanesra 😆

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Hymen.

jon1973
    Free Member

Lillet

mucker

Another crackin’ one is (as the rather wayward daughter of one of neighbours has done) to name the sprog after the alcohol consumed prior to/during coitus, e.g. Bailey and Tia.

roper
    Free Member

I heard a nice girls name when I was walking through a hospital ward recently. Enema?

patriotpro
    Free Member

Megan, Paige, Maya, Kristelle, Corinne…

patriotpro
    Free Member

I like Robyn too.

mogrim

Miranda. Though I’m biased, as one of my daughters is called that. (The other one’s Aitana, but you don’t want ‘A’ names).

Or Princess, that’s a lovely name for a girl.

sailingneil
    Free Member

How about Matilda (junior sailors name)

LadyGresley
    Free Member

The most un-common one I’ve come across recently was Pebbles – but NO, don’t use it!! Remember she will have the name for life.

DrP

I suspect you have (as I have) served a debt to society on Labour Ward, and smiled through gritted teeth and said that ‘Storm’ is a lovely name when new parents tell you what they’ve chosen.

I was told that when the registrar refused to register T.J as a name, stating “T and J are initials, not a name”, society shuddered as TeeJay left the building…..

The wife’s a gas-girl, and has just finished a spell on obs. Plenty of ‘original’ names there…..

DrP

cinnamon_girl

I like these, you may not!

Claudia, Olivia, Camilla.

ratherbeintobago

The wife’s a gas-girl, and has just finished a spell on obs. Plenty of ‘original’ names there…..

Aye; fortunately I will never have to do obs again, having chosen the True Path (ie. ICM).

Claudia, Olivia, Camilla.

Of the three, I like Olivia, but persuading Mrs RBIT is slightly difficult. My top choice was Phillipa; this was shot down in flames fairly early, though to be fair so was hers*

Andy

*Erin. Having grown up in the West of Scotland, I flat refused to name our daughter a name that features in the first line of The Sash.

chiefgrooveguru

We have an 11 day old Xanthe here – we wanted something that wasn’t a top ten name, or heading that way – hoping it’s not too unusual… You’re welcome to borrow it if you promise they won’t be at the same school!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘WTD: Suggestions for Girl's Name’ is closed to new replies.