Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Wrong reg input at Aldi car park that has Parking Eye
  • carlos
    Free Member

Went shopping yesterday at Aldi, started to use the touch screen in store to input the car Reg, but was distracted by some kid shoving my trolley. Put in the rest of the Reg, left the car park straight away.

However, this morning I’ve woke up and had a thought that I might have entered the 2nd half of the Reg as my car ( I was in the Mrs) so in effect will have entered the 1st half of hers and the 2nd half of mine. Doh!!!

Its a parking eye managed car park so I guess its keep the receipt and sit and wait for the fine/parking charge to come through. I’ve looked at trying to contact them but other than the payment phone number, and an address that’s about it.

Anyone done something similarly stupid and had the fine/parking charge quashed??

Cheers
    Carlos

epicyclo

I avoid retailers that punish their customers…

carlos
    Free Member

epicyclo – In Macc that would be all 3 supermarkets then, as they all have some sort of parking restrictions.

ernielynch

I believe the aim is to punish people who aren’t their customers.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I did similar at Stoke Waterworld. Entered one extra letter. Sent them a letter to explain and heard nothing back.
    So you should be ok.
    But then I did have the advantage of knowing what I typed so they could find it.
    Do you?

Drac

Keep your reciept if you get a letter explain what you did and the details you believe you entered.

carlos
    Free Member

But then I did have the advantage of knowing what I typed so they could find it.
    Do you?

I’m not 100% sure no. I’ve fessed to the Mrs as it will come through to her if a letter is sent and stuck the receipt in the cupboard, hopefully I’ll not hear anything. If I do, I’ll be prepared

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

but was distracted

( I was in the Mrs)

Indecent.

Keando

When using my car Mrs K entered her car Reg No. instead of mine. Receieved a parking ticket wrote back to them explaining what she had done. Told them her Reg No. and asked them to review their records for her car and that they will not have any photographic evidence of that car using the car park during that time. Didn’t expect to overturn the fine but got a letter back about 6 weeks later saying that on this occasion the fine had been cancelled but the offence had still been commited i.e the vehicle using the car park had not paid for using it. They also warned that they would not allow this excuse to be used again.

epicyclo

carlos

epicyclo – In Macc that would be all 3 supermarkets then, as they all have some sort of parking restrictions.

I’d still go elsewhere. Let them know why.

Morrisons fined my wife for overstaying their 2 hour limit about 7 years ago. We haven’t been back.

cb

In Macc, Sainsburys have to do something as its right next door to the busiest park in town and walking distance to the hospital, and right next door to the private school in town…there would be no room for customers! Even with this, they tend to leave passive aggressive notes rather than fine.

I’ve never seen a parking attendent in Tesco as that would require the fat arsed parking fee avoiders to walk up a hill…

funkmasterp

Yeah….what type of swine would use their car park without shopping there and only because they’re going to West Park.

I’ve never seen a parking attendent in Tesco

I’ve parked at Tesco and then proceeded on to the Middlewood Way for a leisurely walk and come back hours later with no repercussions. I never visit supermarkets if I can help it, but seeing as though I do my shopping online with Tesco I think I should be good to use the car park 😀

winston
    Free Member

Used a Lidl last year to get some lunch. Had no idea they had started charging for parking, especially as neither the waitrose or morrisons nearby do and they have much bigger car parks plus there is no reason to park in the Lidl car park unless you are going to Lidl as its miles from anything else.

got treated like a criminal with a stern red letter complete with photograph and all manner of threats on it if I didn’t pay £70 odd – for parking 15 mins plus spending 5 quid!

Emailed Lidl customer services with a pretty pissed off rant and got the fine cancelled straight away but they did ask me to scan in my receipt which amazingly I still had crumpled in my pocket. I’m sure they have their reasons but I’ve never shopped at Lidl since.

manvstarmac

but the offence had still been commited

Civil wrong rather than criminal offence. They would need to prove they’d suffered a loss. Had they not cancelled the charge, you could have continued to contest it. If you could show you’d paid, then there is no loss.

IANAL but I do read a bit around this area and I am stubborn

dmorts

Anyone done something similarly stupid and had the fine/parking charge quashed??

Yes, my wife just did. Overstayed by 25 mins so wrote to the retail park owner demonstrating she was a genuine customer and they cancelled it without hesitation.

So I wouldn’t worry. If anything comes through just complain to Aldi and they’ll cancel it. Don’t respond directly to anything from the parking company. Just get Aldi to sort it as you are a genuine customer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Wrong reg input at Aldi car park that has Parking Eye’ is closed to new replies.