Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Would you smash your own place up?
  • hora
    Free Member

Last night from about 4am – my friends neighbour smashed up his flat (Penthouse) – we watched as he smashed up the furniture, walls and windows, the lot. He looked seriously out of it. Talk about cutting off your nose to….

Stoner
    Free Member

probably didnt get a bonus thanks to people like surfer and djglover. You happy now chaps?!?!? eh?

🙂

pk-ripper
    Free Member

what’s djglover got to do with anything? He doesn’t work for a bank…

Sounds like someone with anger management issues. However, I’m sure Axl Rose said something quite profound once (yes, once) which was something like it’s better to smash up what you own rather than yourself – you can replace material things.

samuri
    Free Member

what about that chap who had a friend on here who was worried his possessions were owning him. Maybe it was that guy.

You’ve seen fight club, right?

hora
    Free Member

I reckon he was facing iminent-repo and cameback in from a coke-bender. Matey reckons it was someone two-timed. This is Edinburgh in case the idiot also posts on here? Well you never know!!!

MrNutt
    Free Member

damn it, bloody IP addresses only get so close, I’ll get you next time hora!! 😆

hora
    Free Member

😮 😆

daveevs
    Free Member

The place has probably been repossessed to be auctioned off. He wants to make sure the ******* ****** *****ing man gets as little as possible for it.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

The place has probably been repossessed to be auctioned off. He wants to make sure the ******* ****** *****ing man gets as little as possible for it.

Apparently its getting very common now. Folk ripping out everything they can sell, including light fittings, radiator, boilers and anything else they can remove without causing the house to fall down around them.

Can’t say I blame them to be honest. If someone was going to repossess your house wouldn’t you want to make it as expensive as possible for them to do anything with it afterwards?

Stoner
    Free Member

doesnt make sense: after reposession and sale, you’re still on the hook for any balance owed, and if they sell at a price in excess of the debt you receive the surplus.

surfer
    Free Member

My heart bleads stoner.

I’ll create more tax tomorrow!

daveevs
    Free Member

“They” were handing out 125% mortgages last year…

sootyandjim
    Free Member

But banks are only interested in making back what they are owed so its not in their interest to hold out for the best price.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

if the guy has lived beyond his means, I have no sympathy.

hora
    Free Member

I havent really thought about this when I posted the thread but arent we all ‘renting’ until we pay off all the debt on a property? Therefore he was smashing up someone elses property. People complain about banks but how about irresponsible borrowing? Banks arent responsible for how people live their lives, nano-manage. Have banks ever held quartley appraisals of their borrowers like employers do? Give the banks a break.. My old landlord smashed up his house back in 1991 when he went bankrupt on a business deal in tenerife. He **** up and they had to try and rescue their ‘risk’ in the idiot.

falkirk_mark
    Free Member

Maybe he has split from his Mrs and decided if she wants half of everything she can have it

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

yes, but if your being declared bankrupt and the house is being sold, can’t say i’d not be tempted to flog everything i owned and either blow it all on a holliday or led it to a friend for a few months for safe keeping.

zaskar
    Free Member

I think he forgot to do his lotto numbers which of course came up.

Justfied act then!

Whatever I feel sorry for the guy in an odd sort of way.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Hora – Whilst its not all the fault of the banks and I agree that idiots who would rather spend on a new 42″ plasma TV than pay their mortgage should have little sympathy, the waving of 125% mortgages in front of people’s faces whilst everyone and their dog (that’ll be Phil and Kirsty I’ve described) seemingly calling people without their own property some sort of untermenchen was also pretty irresponsible.

Do you understand what a 125% mortgage means?

Yes, people entering into such mortgages should have read the small print also but whilst the world around you is saying “house prices will only continue to rise as we live on an island/there is limited stock/etc” and the PM is grinning like an idiot and saying “no more boom and bust” weaker minded people will get caught up in it and panic.

Ultimately the banks were greedy, they wanted any money they could get and for a while they got it. Now they’re all sobbing and asking the taxpayer to bail them out, which will include those taxpayers who were stupid enough to buy with a 125% mortgage, lose their house and now also cry to the government that it wasn’t their fault.

Of course at the end of the day it’ll be us thrifty taxpayers who front the bill for all these idiots, both bankers and those who’ve lost their houses.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I feel very sorry for him in a normal sort of way. You would need to be very distressed to go over the edge like that. A relationship situation is the first thought which came into my mind, so Hora’s suggestion of him being two-timed rings true for me.

I would have been tempted to call the police even if only because of the risks involved to himself and others in smashing windows.

Smee
    Free Member

The thing with so-called 125% mortgages is that the full amount is not a always a mortgage. A huge chunk of it is often an unsecured loan….

Mr_Krabbs
    Free Member

if the guy has lived beyond his means, I have no sympathy.

What if he wasn’t living beyond his means, but his means were reduced?

In respect of repossessions. It’s very easy to say that you have no sympathy if he has lived beyond his means, but things change. What if the guy is made redundant, or the commission that was rolling in last year has dried up or maybe his partner has left him.
    I have every sympathy with people facing repossession. It’s bloody horrible. Can’t say I’d smash the place up though.
    Let’s be honest in a lot of cases it is the lenders fault. If they are lending on 5 times people salary with 95-100% loan to value, then what the **** do they expect?

hora
    Free Member

S&J agree. Add to this the French Prime minister says Brown has ruined Britain. Inpart a political comment, but also true. This week theres a furore about Clarkson calling brown a one-eyed Scottish Idiot. Only a couple of disability charities complain that the disability comment classes disabled people as idiots. No one complains why the Scottish or idiot-reference are necessary.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

the French Prime minister says Brown has ruined Britain

No he didn’t.

He said that now was not the time to cut taxes and that GB’s reduction of VAT was a mistake. Not quite the same as accusing him of “ruining Britain”.

……….Thatcher done that.

hora
    Free Member

CHOMP…..but lets stop there! 😉

project
    Free Member

If it is repossed the mortgage company have up to 6 years to reclaim the difference of what the property mortgage was and what it sold for, plus intrest, and they usually wait for 2 years , then you get the letter.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Listen mate – we are in the mess that we are in today because Britain was at the mercy of market forces.

The laissez-faire free-market fundamentalist non-government interference policies where put all put into place by Thatcher.

Gordon Brown is responsible in that he did not reverse her policies.

But other than that, it’s Thatcher’s fault. End of.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

How many years did GB have to bin those ‘bad’ Tory policies?

How long is long enough to be in power and not have the luxury of blaming a previous government for the countries ills?

djglover
    Free Member

Stoner, I’m happy, I’m getting a bonus this year, sorry if you and your banking pals haven’t done so well 😯

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

He’s had 11 years Sooty – it is alright to call you Sooty ?

Yes, Gordon Brown is guilty of not fixing Britain, no doubt about that.

And Thatcher is guilty of screwing up Britain, no doubt about that either.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

I have substantial doubt about that ernie. If it didn’t suit you, fine, but it suited a hell of a lot of people.

the populace of britain is responsible, and Nu-Lab, and Gordon Brown has empowered the populace to believe their retarded ideals.

Smee
    Free Member

no – the uk populace is apathetic. look at voter turn outs for the last couple of elections. if the vote had to be quorate then they wouldn’t get a sniff.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Of course some would argue Thatcher performed CPR on an already completely screwed up Britain.

Whilst she may not have cured the problem completely she certainly stopped it going completely to the wall.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I won’t argue with that pk-ripper.

But it’s clear who carried out the policies.

And no, Tony Blair and Gordon Brown did not reverse one single fundamental Thatcherite economic policy.

If the economic policies which have been in place for the last 11 years have led to the mess which we are now in, then it’s Thatcher’s policies which have failed.

Of course now when it’s too late, Britain has started to slightly change some of Thatcher’s policies. In the same way that the United States has started to reverse some of Reagan’s failed policies.

Marmoset
    Free Member

Anyway, why’s no-one gone around and found out what the man’s done it for…..it’s all supposition until we know….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

she certainly stopped it going completely to the wall

So if her economic policies were so sound, then what the economy now needs right now, is more Thatcherite policies not less ?

More privatisation, less government intervention, higher interest rates, etc etc

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Whilst she may not have cured the problem completely she certainly stopped it going completely to the wall.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Thatcher was a **** of the highest order. A supporter of Apartheid, and several undemocratic dictatorial regimes. You idiots that think she was ‘good for this country’ are deluded fools; always looking over your shoulders in case ‘Darkies’ or ‘Pikies’ or whoever are going to rob you. You wonder why people are so **** greedy and selfish these days????

I bet the **** is laughing all the way to the bank, while most of you are too **** sh1t scared to even go to the local shop, after dark.

Come on, Thatchler; this cheap fizzy wine is getting warm….

(Sits back, lights cigarette, opens another can….)

Stoner
    Free Member

pulling your chain djglover.

I dont get bonuses any more, at least not from an employer. Im self employed so my bonus to myself is as many days off as want, and it costs the taxpayer nowt 🙂

cinnamon_girl

I really do question this obsession with home ownership.

djglover
    Free Member

pulling your chain djglover

Still not sure why mention me, I thought I took a fairly pragmatic approach to the ‘bonus’ thread… Or maybe that’s whats upset you!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Would you smash your own place up?’ is closed to new replies.