• This topic has 177 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 18 posts - 161 through 178 (of 178 total)
  • Worst UK City
  • andytherocketeer

Basingstoke and Woking are not cities

The former is called both Basinghole and Boringstoke for a reason.
    Woking is “a Town called Malice”. The only thing it had going for it is McLaren, and even they moved out of town.

My vote is for Birmingham. Went for a job interview there once. Glad I got the job in Bristol.

ransos
    Free Member

But really, London has no competition. It’s foul.

I’ve no desire to live there, but London is a world city, full of interest and history. If you can’t find anything to like about it, you’re not trying very hard.

Agree with Newport and Stoke though, if they have redeeming features, I’ve yet to find them.

tazzymtb

Stoke did give rise to some influential bands so it does have some redeaming features. It is sodding horrific to live in though, more inward looking, ignorant, parochial bunch of racist ****, ive yet to meet *Came as a student, lived there for years with an ex who refused to move as it was the centre of the universe, now escaped and only have to work in the vicinity. Bradford is also horrible and I really didn’t enjoy my time there, just not a happy place.

*based on the locals I work with, rather than a total generalisation

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Most cities on my list of crapholes have been mentioned but I don’t think Peterborough has been nominated yet. Only been there once but I think it sucked a year off my lifespan.

maxlite
    Free Member

Most cities in the uk are grim….somehow the planners have wrecked the lot!

Swansea is grim…..but it does have Gower and the sea!

ransos
    Free Member

Most cities on my list of crapholes have been mentioned but I don’t think Peterborough has been nominated yet. Only been there once but I think it sucked a year off my lifespan.

You’re right, I think it’s only been mentioned maybe 10 or 12 times so far…

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Ah well I did only look at the last couple of pages of the thread. Its fame has obviously spread further than I thought.

pondo

Everyone who’s mentioned Birmingham in a negative context is automatically wrong. Fact.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I did enjoy reading about Martians blowing the snot out of Woking in War of the Worlds.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

maxlite – Member

Swansea is grim…..but it does have Gower and the sea!

ssshh its a secret. only the really brave or extra curious are allowed to find Gower. why do you think we have hidden it behind port talbot?

ahwiles
    Free Member

maxlite – Member

Most cities in the uk are grim….somehow the planners have wrecked the lot!

2 words : traffic flow

gogg
    Free Member

Birmingham gets my vote.

nickc

The worst bit of the UK BY FAR…starts at Rainham, and tracks east all the way to…Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you… Southend on Sea.

It was twinned with Beirut, only Beirut pulled its self by the boot straps and go on with life, leaving Saafvend all by it’s lonesome. So bad that even the offys have cages to keep the staff away from the punters, women so rough that even Romanian gangsters give them a wide berth, a satellite town for the East End of London, a group of dwellings so violently repulsive even the Nazis tried to raze it to the ground. a huge monstrous waste of space, when the council tried to liven up the promenade the tropical plams they planted (each 30 feet high) lasted 1 night, ONE night, before they were nicked and flogged by the local chavs.

A terrible cess pit of a town.

[waves] Alright, auntie, how’s things?[/waves]

rusty90
    Free Member

only the really brave or extra curious are allowed to find Gower. why do you think we have hidden it behind port talbot?

There’s been a load of TV adverts for the Aberavon Best Western hotel this week. For some reason all the panoramic shots of the beach look west towards the Gower, rather then east, towards Port Talbot.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Deedaa land and Mankchester – they glow orange/red on the horizon like Mordor and Isengard

ahwiles
    Free Member

Deedaa land?

Sheffield?!

singlesteed
    Free Member

Swindon no doubt +2 and don’t they say Nottingham is rough too.

DrJ

All cities are a mix of good and bad.

Well, except Middlesbrough.

Viewing 18 posts - 161 through 178 (of 178 total)

The topic ‘Worst UK City’ is closed to new replies.