Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)
  • Worst CBeebies show?
  • GrahamS

+1 for Waybuloo. Don’t get what its trying to achieve, other than filling airtime.

-1 Waybuloo is great. Forest animal sprites that perform yoga twice a day, using crystal chimes, can float when happy, and when they reach ultimate happiness they “Buloo” and ascend to heaven. Perfect for new age babies: our 8 month old loves it.

Gigglebiz however is awful.

BillOddie

Octonauts is great!

Anything involving Justin Fletcher gets turned off.

Simples.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Our girls liked Waybuloo until they were about 11 months now they aren’t interested.

They LOVE Justin Fletcher though (both in Something Special and Gigglebiz) they are normally quite captivated throughout. I quite enjoy parts of Gigglebiz too ‘Hello, I’m Arthur Sleep’.

rewski
    Free Member

Did anyone notice that the Nina and the Neurons episode over xmas was about how a water tap works, bet that went down well in Belfast, one of the kids was Irish too, how ironic 😉

aracer
    Free Member

-1 Waybuloo is great. Forest animal sprites that perform yoga twice a day, using crystal chimes, can float when happy, and when they reach ultimate happiness they “Buloo” and ascend to heaven. Perfect for new age babies: our 8 month old loves it.

Should have known there’d be some fans amongst the hippies on here 😉

I quite like gigglebiz (though my son far prefers Something Special – I don’t think he really gets Gigglebiz), so obviously tastes vary

aracer
    Free Member

Postman Pat on now (that is class), Way too hippy next, so hopefully I won’t have to tell him it’s time to turn the TV off.

rewski
    Free Member

aracer – First or Second?

aracer
    Free Member

First or Second?

😕 ❓

As predicted, TV now off, hope you’re all enjoying your yoga 😀

rewski
    Free Member

First or Second Class – sorry, very poor attempt at joke.

verses

Come the revolution Zingzillas will be the first into the gas chamber…

I’m pretty sure that Gigglebiz would have been on prime-time Saturday night ITV telly in the 80s though. It’s basically Benny Hill without the sauce…

chakaping
    Free Member

Forest animal sprites that perform yoga twice a day, using crystal chimes, can float when happy, and when they reach ultimate happiness they “Buloo” and ascend to heaven. Perfect for new age babies: our 8 month old loves it.

Exactly the reasons I can’t bear it, but you put it much better than I could have!

aracer
    Free Member

First or Second Class – sorry, very poor attempt at joke.

Ah – actually quite good (I chuckled) just went whoosh over my head!

toys19
    Free Member

Octonauts is great!

Anything involving Justin Fletcher gets turned off.

Simples.

+1

It’s funny all the people on here I regularly row with like the stuff I hate. We should start a cebeebies index to test intelligence..

bigyinn
    Free Member

Oooh seem to have touched a nerve with those who clearly want a bit of Katie from I can cook. Strangely enough, im not gay, I just find sugary inspid women boring.

chakaping
    Free Member

How can anyone hate Show Me Show Me?

It’s just like Play School. Bit dull but perfectly nice.

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh I forgot about Numberjacks. That’s just awful. However, I think that all it’s really meant to do is create characters that look like numbers to create familiarity. The plot is immaterial I suppose.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

How can anyone hate Show Me Show Me?

I did say it was the woman that annoyed me, not the show itself. I think it has something to do with her face but I am not entirely sure.

chakaping
    Free Member

Oooh seem to have touched a nerve with those who clearly want a bit of Katie from I can cook.

I’m quite open about wanting a bit of her.

In the immortal words of Jack from Still Game (or was it Victor?) while discussing Lorraine Kelly: “She’s all mumsy and pumpable.”

Edit: If I get banned for that it’ll be worth it.

verses

Surprised there’s no comments here about the disarmingly cute Cerrie…

molgrips
    Free Member

I like Katie, she seems very sweet 🙂 My 4 year old nephew has the hots for her too.

EDIT: I quite like Cerrie too!

Bimbler
    Free Member

Thankfully my youngest who has just turned 6 spurned CBeebies a year or so ago and I can report that CBBC>>>>>>>>>>>>Cbeebies, Dani’s House, Scoop, Bear Behaving Badly all pretty good shows

woody2000

I’m not sure I hate any of them, but the presenter of Mighty Mites does grate somewhat. I considered writing in to see if my boys could try controlled demolition, archery, fencing or range shooting, and then we could engineer a plot whereby she was erm, injured in a tragic accident or something. But I don’t hate her. 🙂

VanHalen

sssimons mr tumble post above says it all for me.

aracer
    Free Member

I’m not sure I hate any of them, but the presenter of Mighty Mites does grate somewhat.

Not just me then – was a bit worried that I didn’t “get” here, given she seems to have an STW fan club
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/psa-dr-alice-roberts-wild-swimming-on-bbc4-now#post-1674930
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/cbeebies-with-a-massive-hangover#post-1932732
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/cbeebies-presenter-with-amputated-lower-arm#post-70462

woody2000

“Can you feel the energy!?”

No, but stick your fingers in that socket and see if you can, please! 😈

woody2000

On a side note, my rather odd mate keeps sending me text messages asking me how many pints it’d take before I would enjoy carnal knowledge of certain female cbeebies presenters. The last one was Gail Force from Gigglebiz…..

I haven’t replied.

beamers

Nina and the Neurons = awesome.

She’s taught me a thing or two. Oh how I’d like to return the favour…..

+1 for Octanoughts.

Zingzillas and Waybaloo should burn in hell.

brassneck

It’s funny all the people on here I regularly row with like the stuff I hate. We should start a cebeebies index to test intelligence..

It’s actually a big social indexing experiment – I & my boys like Waybuloo which puts us firmly in the pinko commie hippy end of the spectrum. With our new lizard overlords in firmly place we’ll be first against the wall – you see, it’s VAT now, jackboots next week

catfood
    Free Member

I cant stand Zingzillas but my little lad who is two loves it, he was dancing in front of the telly the other day shouting I CANT STOP, I CANT STOP, so it seems to work for the target audience.

BillOddie

I think the presentewr of mighty mites thinks she’s 19 when in fact she’s 45, you can tell by the neck…

I think Katie from I Can Cook is niiiiiiiiice….

aracer
    Free Member

You’re missing the point, brassneck – the more important question is do you like Katie (who can cook)?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

when in fact she’s 45

She was on something else last week with normal make-up on and she looked quite ok in a rather plain way.

The one with the funny arm has beautiful eyes but I am always distracted by the way her ‘fingers’ move.

chakaping
    Free Member

We should start a cebeebies index to test intelligence..

Never confuse bad taste with a lack of intelligence!

Imagination maybe…

Not Cbeebies but my two love Ben and Holly. Nanny Plum must have been write with parents in mind

its ace, i like grabby crabby the scouse thief!

Like a real scouser then, but a crab.

We’re on the Disney stuff in our house – Wizards of Waverly Place is pretty good.

petrieboy

The ‘girl’ in mighty mites is clearly a low budget adult film ‘actress’ – really quite disturbing.

PTR
    Free Member

No one has mentioned the Rubbadubbas yet, that is a pointless waste of air time.
    Octonauts is great, we have made gups out of washing up bottles and stuff.
    Mr Tumble must be the only not scary clown around, don’t like Gigglebiz though.

scuttler

Octonauts is superb. I built a Duplo Octopod the other day!
    Gigglebiz = Fast Show
    Numberjacks = super-chronic acting. I fancy being an extra
    Surprised no-one’s mentioned Waybuloo backdrops being in the Lakes – Anyone want to add to the Langdales and Birkhouse Moor?

muggomagic

Be thankful you don’t have to endure imagination movers, animal mechanicals, special agent oso or jungle junction on Playhouse Disney. Though imagination movers is made bearable by the lovely Nina.

Ben and Holly is great. My mrs reckons I’m a sad git for laughing at the jokes.
    Horrible histories is the fine show, and apparently educational too?!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Octonauts is very popular in my house too.

I miss Space Pirates, wish they’d do that again.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Worst CBeebies show?’ is closed to new replies.