Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • World Champs * spoilers?*
  • CaptJon
    Free Member

It’s going to be great to see Cav in the rainbow jersey in the TdF next year.

warton
    Free Member

what a great day to be a British cyclist! Cav was awesome, Wiggo an absolute beast on the last lap. By all accounts the team are already pissed, it’s gonna be a big night!!!

miketually
    Free Member

Cavendish in 2011: 2 Giro stages, 5 Tour stages, a Tour de France green jersey and a world title.

Not a bad year, really.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Interesting to see the GB riders in skinsuits and with blocked vents/helmet covers today. More mad science from the Professor?

Klunk
    Free Member

@bradwiggins
    Cav wins, I think its safe to say tonight we are all going to get shitfaced! Lock and load

singlecrack
    Free Member

Wonder if its enough to get him sports personality of the year ….?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

What a great race.

what a great day to be a British cyclist!

yes

higthepig
    Free Member

What a great race.

+1, just watched it after getting back from work, stunning result and bigging up the team post race, well done all.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

warton – Member

what a great day to be a British cyclist!

Cav ain’t British. He is a manxman is he not and the isle of man is not a part of Britain

Just to be pedantic like.

rOcKeTdOg

that’ll be why he rides for the GB team then

plop_pants
    Free Member

maxray
    Free Member

It’s good to see a fellow manxman doing well at something 🙂 tj is right about the isle of man not being part of gb or uk, I am presuming rather like playing for England cav has a relative who is gb. Either that or the fact we are a crown dependency somehow allows it..

Either way get in there Cav!! 😀

Gary_M
    Free Member

Cav ain’t British. He is a manxman is he not and the isle of man is not a part of Britain

Cavendish won as a member of the Great Britain team, ergo saying ‘what a great day to be a British cyclist’ is a perfectly sensible thing to say.

donsimon
    Free Member

Assuming he’s riding under the British Cycling banner…
    About British Cycling

British Cycling is the National Governing Body for cycling in Great Britain, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands, aiming to inspire participation in cycling as a sport, recreation and sustainable transport through achieving worldwide success.
    Read full article!…

taxi25
    Free Member

Well as Cav doesn’t count, seeing he’s not British just a Manxman 😉 The rest of the GB team gets my vote for giving one of the greatest ever British team performances. Simply awesome 😀 😯

corroded
    Free Member

Breathtaking ride from Cav and the team. Wonder when the Team Sky announcement will come?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

No one let anyone down on Sunday. “It was daunting,” Millar said, “but everybody did their job even more than we expected.” The Scot had been sharing a room with Cavendish in the team hotel. “What can you say about Cav? He’s a funny little bastard. We’ve watched every race together in our room and every time we’ve watched a finish he’s been off his bed, shouting: ‘I promise I’m going to win on Sunday.'” The most impulsive and emotional of men but the most cold-blooded of athletes when the fires of competition are at their fiercest, Cavendish would be keeping his end of the bargain.

yossarian
    Free Member

Cavendish dedicated “the biggest jersey you can get” to his national team, adding: “I’m limited, I can’t win the yellow jersey in the Tour de France, so this is the biggest jersey I can achieve.
    “I wear it on behalf of Great Britain.”

Maybe you should tell him he aint British TJ.

CaptJon
    Free Member

MarkCavendish
    twitpic.com/6qt98o well it’s sunk in after waking up to this! Yesterday I was seriously in shock & disbelief. British World Champion!

hilldodger
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Cav ain’t British….
    …Just to be pedantic like

he’s more British than you are Scotish 😉

davidjey
    Free Member

If you look at the full results you can see the sacrifice the rest of the team made: Wiggins finished 3 minutes down, Millar and Hunt 8 minutes down, all presumably having gone out the back door after working themselves half to death for Cavendish….

richmtb

It really was phenomenal, I was sure he had lost it with 400m to go, all of a sudden Cav seemed swamped. But he just doesn’t know how to lose. Brilliant performance and the rest of the GB team put in a hell of an effoert to get him there

aracer
    Free Member

Wonder if its enough to get him sports personality of the year ….?

Not a chance – even if he has won almost everything it’s possible for him to win this year in one of the hardest and most competitive sports going. It will be a golfist. Might make the top 3 though.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Fabian isn’t that happy

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘World Champs * spoilers?*’ is closed to new replies.