• This topic is empty.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 147 total)
  • Work things your proud of…
  • v666ern
    Free Member

To cheer me up after my rant post. Please post up your proud career high points!

I’ve just discovered one of my houses sold for £1 mill!

Witcombe, orchard house

Stoner
    Free Member

I built a model to forecast equity cash flow from all of the senior/mezz tranches of a massive delinquent property loan book. Most tranches had at least one swap attached to it, but there were also orphan swaps that came into any default waterfall so I had to also create a model to run inside the main model that forecast valued these swap break costs to drop them into the default waterfall based on probability assumptions around a default.
    My client’s bid was not successful, and having seen the price of the winning bidder Im more than happy with that. Someone has seriously overpaid 😉

Im proud of it as it was eye-meltingly complicated and it’s not something that most people in the market would dream to undertake.

Drac

Hmm I have a few but Ok I’ll do the most recent.

Brought a 2 year old from cheyne stoking state to normal respirations and fully conscious state the other night. That’s a pretty good high.

CaptJon
    Free Member

and Drac ends the thread…

v666ern
    Free Member

Jesus peeps 😯 😀

well impressed, you’d better be proud of yourselves after those!

Drac

Sorry don’t want it to seem like a willy waving competition, I’m still on a kind of a high from it.

alfabus
    Free Member

I’ve managed to push through a purchase request for a copy of Microsoft Project 2010 in a little over 2 months.

I’ve not actually got my hands on the software yet, but I am assured that I now have a license for it.

Bloody big corporate rubbish company.

Sorry, wrong thread.

Dave

Stoner
    Free Member

nothing wrong with anyone being proud of a job done good, whatever the job. Good buzz I should imagine.

v666ern
    Free Member

Drac you have every right to willy wave, this is the thread for it!

Dave get back up bushy and accomplish more digging!

philconsequence
    Free Member

helped a patient shed 2st 6.5lbs in 10 weeks 🙂

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Can’t top Drac. But I did design the logo/badge (and accompanying launch brochure, calendar) for the Morgan Aero8:

It’s not much but it’s something to tell the non-existent grandchildren one day. And oily-fingered anoraks in a hundred years time will no doubt be pointing at it in car museums.

Drac

Cheers V66ern.

I’ve just looked at that house, very nice I like that style that seems to more and more used now. Fair few around here like that now (rural Northumberland), they really fit in the tradition of the area.

elzorillo
    Free Member

I just drove 60 miles to diagnose that the fault with a computer was that the monitor wasn’t plugged in.

molgrips
    Free Member

I do lots of clever things but none of them really matter, and no-one really appreciates it.

In software development, none of the people you work for have any concept of how hard things are. So they ask for it, and you do it, and they go ‘ok thanks’ and that’s that. No matter if 99% of people couldn’t have done it but you did, through being brilliant – that passes them buy.

Still, it pays ok 🙂

TimP
    Free Member

No life saving involved but was my first big project and it all went up very quickly and comparatively quickly and pretty much to budget. By all accounts a very successful hotel too now. Few years ago and since then not very much exciting

twinklydave

Encouraged a load of staff and loads of students to ride into work (at a Uni), by giving them free cycle training 🙂

I’m also proud of the fact that I get to sneak out of the office early a couple of times a week to play out on bikes (or that’s what it feels like, anyway!)

LeeW

I manage a two laboratories which both went through their initial audits with no NCR’s. The first Laboratories to do this in the world. Ever.

Seems downright insignificant compared to Drac’s. Well done dude.

wwaswas

I used “you’re” correctly in a sentence today 😉

v666ern
    Free Member

Drac, i think this was my highest point Pool building, oxfordshire I made the architects faffy lines into that!

I.T. YOU ARE LOVED!!!

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve paid the bloke who does the Go Compare adverts for some work he’s done at a well known opera establishment in the past.

I have today in fact paid all of the staff there, including myself!

iDave
    Free Member

Loads of stuff that may seem cool written down but was just what I get paid to do.

Stoner
    Free Member

oh, you international man of mystery, you iDave…

IHN

built a model to forecast equity cash flow from all of the senior/mezz tranches of a massive delinquent property loan book. Most tranches had at least one swap attached to it, but there were also orphan swaps that came into any default waterfall so I had to also create a model to run inside the main model that forecast valued these swap break costs to drop them into the default waterfall based on probability assumptions around a default.

You had me at ‘built a model’… 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

Im too shexy. 😉

noteeth
    Free Member

Drac FTW, even if it’s not a competition. I lived with two PICU nurses for a few years, and what they dealt with always put my own rubbish days (and nights) into perspective.

My proudest moment in the NHS was probably snogging the junior ward sister. 😈

v666ern
    Free Member

I’ve paid the bloke who does the Go Compare adverts

PJM im sure he’s lovely, but if your responsible for those damn adverts i will hunt you down 😆

ourmaninthenorth

I’ve done some technically difficult stuff – not least structuring multi-jurisdictional M&A deals. Most legal work, OTOH, is dull and repetitive, never more so than spending 40 days straight in the office.

But, TBH, the ones that stand out are those where the clients were genuinely thankful of the effort involved – one of the smallest deals I did (the £5m sale of a CCTV wholesale business) was the most personally rewarding.

Though completing the sale of ANC Logistics to Fedex in record time (and averaging 2.5 hours sleep a night for the last 2 weeks) was a blast. Mainly for the £13,000 completion dinner at Claridges afterwards….

I’ve only ever made one meaningful error in my career. It lives with me that I let my usually very high standards slip.

iDave
    Free Member

For stoners benefit…. I’m hanging around in Spain with 3 cycling world champions and a tour winner next week. After a day at an F1 team. I am considered suitable to provide ‘advice’ to all assembled. Yes, it’s cool, it doesn’t pay enough but I am very grateful.

noteeth
    Free Member

I’ve only ever made one meaningful error in my career

When you became a lawyer…? 😉

joolsburger
    Free Member

I facilitated a chap leaving a job that was bringing him to the verge of tears each day into a new one that has given him a massive increase in salary and surrounded him with good people, he thanked me by email a few days ago, which was nice.

iDave
    Free Member

That’s v cool JB ^^

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve paid the bloke who does the Go Compare adverts for some work he’s done at a well known opera establishment in the past

He’s a real opera singer then?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Yes, he is.

I’ve never met him personally though, but I do get to meet singers from time to time. They’re generally an extremely nice bunch of folk too.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

No matter how I word things, they just seem like bragging. I’m very happy with some things I have achieved recently and even more happy to know I got paid to do them.

Ps, I love the Aero8 logo above ^

SaxonRider

I’ve written a book and a few good articles. And some other stuff.

portlyone

Worked in a team dealing with motorway safety, producing measurable incident reductions. That was pretty rewarding.

rewski
    Free Member

I’ve just worked out a tax dodge that could save me at least £70k a year.

Drac

Oooh I like that pool too, nice and clean looking. I admire anyone who has the imagination and the skill to come up with something like that.

v666ern
    Free Member

I’ve just worked out a tax dodge that could save me at least £70k a year.

rewski buy me a bike!

mema
    Free Member

My latest proudest moment is booking a conference in San Diego in March…I even have some results for the paper! Woohoo!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 147 total)

The topic ‘Work things your proud of…’ is closed to new replies.