• This topic has 48 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by benp1.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Work dilemma.
  • porlus
    Free Member

We used to be minimum of 20% back in the day when it was more buoyant. 15 years ago we were pretty much the market leaders in our field. To many years of bad management has left a broken company.

porlus
    Free Member

Bit of an update on yesterdays interviews.

Number one, for large international company was intially sent for mechanical cad technician job on circa £33k. Turns out its reading electrical schematics to design electrical switchgear cabinets, and salary was much less than £33k. Cheers Mr Recruitment agency for a wasted trip.

Number two, was a permanent job for a consultancy. Turned out it was 3 months maximum using software I have not mentioned on my CV. Once again, another waste of a time.

Interview three tomorrow is more up my street though. So should be good hopefully.

jota180
    Free Member

Recruitment agents and estate agents operate a job swap scheme, a sort of incompetence pact

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Never trust what an agency says the salary is

We’ve had agencies advertise jobs at very high wages before we’ve even told them what the range is!

porlus
    Free Member

Number 3

Well that was more like it. CV sent to them Tuesday, interview arranged for today. Was going great, good rapport with interviewer. Asked about salary etc. Got me to meet the MD. He got a brief version of why im looking for work. Said he wants to look after me the right way, and said the salary offer will be in the post this weekend. Boom job done haha. Feel chuffed at the moment.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

MrOvershoot » Get out now is my opinion.
    Just for reference our site turnover is 22 million a year with 20 staff and still our lords and masters look
    for cuts!
    turnover means nowt if there is no profit margin.

Turnover is vanity,
    Profit is sanity!

brooess
    Free Member

Def get out and good luck. Be glad you’ve some advance notice.
    There’s been a lot of redundancies announced since Xmas yet at the same time we keep being told that the economy’s growing, unemployment’s falling and the job market’s picking up.
    Something’s not quite adding up 😕

porlus
    Free Member

Bit of an update on this.

Handed my noticed in, boss talked me out of it promising massive payrise when the company starts making money.
    Fast forward to pay review this July. Letter states company not making money at the moment, but showing signs of potential blah blah blah, looking for another review in January.

Boss grabbed me thanking me for the work I have done since January, told him im pretty hacked off as a rise was promised. He said I will be the first one to get sorted out as soon as the company can do it.

Had a chance conversation with an ex employee. Ended with an interview for a permanent role, not in my skill remit. Interview went super well. But didnt get the job. I didnt let it rest, and have now secured a 6 month contract thats doubling my monthly take home pay. Intention is the try and get me upto speed and see about offering me a staff job.

Over the moon is an understatment. Current boss said its not sunk in yet.

benp1

Congrats mate, glad it’s worked out

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Work dilemma.’ is closed to new replies.