• This topic has 17 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • We are not aliens.
  • twinw4ll
    Free Member

Me and wifey went to our local park last night to hone our non existent skateboarding skills.

You would think we came from another planet, most looks of disdain come from folk our own age, had to laugh though when a teenage girl said to her mates, “i thought it was my uncle, but he was going too fast”

Any other skateboarders, BMXers or rollerbladers over 50 hanging around here?

jam-bo
    GrahamS

No, but good on you!

I was enviously watching some teenagers down the local park messing about doing nice little ollies and kickflips as I forlornly pushed my daughter on the swing.

Part of me would have quite like to have gone over and asked for a shot – but as I’m 40 and I’ve never skateboarded I suspect it wouldn’t have gone as well as it played in my head 😀

5thElefant
    Free Member

It’s like dad dancing. Without the excuse of being drunk.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO7pu3hCXTA[/video]

fasthaggis

A crowd of us(all in our late 30s) used to go to a Sainsbury’s car park on week night shopping trips.
    Shop first (with skates on 🙄 ),then put the stuff in the car and practice our awesome moves .Got loads of ‘grow up’ looks 🙂

verses

Discovered my old ‘deck’ in my folks shed a couple of years ago. So far I’ve only dared embarrass my daughter with it in the street…

molgrips
    Free Member

Hopefully, some of these old people are really good still.

nickc

I think it’s skateboards not an age thing.

My two: Son 17 Daughter 14 were the only two boarders at the local skate park at the weekend, every one else was either BMX or scooters.

I declined to demonstrate “falling on my arse” for the assembled groms… 😆

igm

Learning longboard here having failed to learn skateboard as a kid.

I’m 43.

verses

Hopefully, some of these old people are really good still.

I can confirm I’m as good as I ever was… Feel free to interpret that how you like 🙂

spchantler
    Free Member

the answer is never.
    the question is when are you gonna grow up. still skating here at 42, not very often tho. i keep dreaming about building a half pipe up the allotment…

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t think I’ll ever skate but I’m tempted to pick up a BMX 🙂

plyphon
    Free Member

As a BMXer from the age of 14 I can tell you there is nothing more hilarious than seeing older people rock up to the park to cruise the roll-ins.

Sorry to break that to you.

Fairplay if you can shred tho, that’s a different story.

JAG

Do watcha like – age is just a number! (I’m 47)

Societal pressure is a bummer and it is your role in this life to resist it as much as you can 8)

molgrips
    Free Member

As a BMXer from the age of 14 I can tell you there is nothing more hilarious than seeing older people rock up to the park to cruise the roll-ins.

I’m sure. Is it more or less hilarious than seeing older people cycling around with Captain America lycra? This should give you an idea of how much of a shit I give 🙂

z1ppy

M8 just bought himself and his two kids skateboards… he then proceeded to get carried away and buy an electric skateboard!.
    He’s already managed to knock on granny over!
    (it’s not as easy as you’d think to ride/drive)

JoeG
    Free Member

My mom is in her 70s and still skates! 😉

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘We are not aliens.’ is closed to new replies.