Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 447 total)
  • Words and phrases that Incur a lifetime ban
  • blokeuptheroad

Living their best life.

From the get go.

Makeover.

smiffy

anything with -101 on the end.

creakingdoor
    Free Member

Hollybobs

Tellybox

I cba to read back through this thread so if these have been done before, I offer no apologies. ✌

Cougar

“I’ve not read the rest of the thread, but…” 😁

Oh, that reminds me of one that actually does chafe my sphincter: “Mods/Admin, please delete if not allowed.”

Firstly, if they think it might not be allowed, surely the polite thing is to ask first?

Secondly, do they suppose that Admin need permission in order to delete posts which break the forum/group rules? “Well, we should delete this, but the poster hasn’t said we can so whatever will we do?”

It’s a brickbat away from “I know I shouldn’t be posting this but I don’t give a **** so I’m going to do it anyway.”

onehundredthidiot

The threads that first post is just a link.

politecameraaction
    Free Member

Thread titles that don’t identify the subject of the thread e.g. “quick question”, “I’m beginning to think…”, “advice pls”.

CountZero

Honestly, there’s so much shit going on in the world, stuff that genuinely impacts people’s lives for the worst, that getting bent out of shape just because of some words some people use in a way you might not personally agree with or approve of seems like an extraordinary waste of time. Time I’m sure that could be put towards something more interesting or productive.

Just a thought.

Cougar

Give Drac his sponge back.

sc-xc

I know it’s been said said many, many times over the years…but xxxxxtrackworld. Like pushchairtrackworld or blancmangetrackworld.

It makes no **** sense.

Pushchairworld or blancmangeworld make more sense.

There seems to be a thread every day with this kind of in(s)ane title.

reeksy

You mean like watergategate?

reeksy

pisco

Sunrise. FFS it’s not the sun rising, it’s the earth rotating. I call it horizon fall and anyone who calls it anything else should die

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Breakfast.

I haven’t been fasting. I’ve been asleep.

onehundredthidiot

I call it horizon fall

The horizon is exactly where it was before so not falling. Honestly these I’ll thought out ideas will be the death of me. 😃

ossify

It’s in relation to the view of the, um, viewer, innit? Rather than what’s actually happening.

When I look to the east in the morning, the horizon looks in exactly the same place all the time, while the sun is rising.

Hmm. Does that mean that someone on the other side of the planet, talking about my morning, should call it sunfall? This needs (less) thought.

sirromj

Honestly, there’s so much shit going on in the world… getting bent out of shape just because of some words…Just a thought.

You okay hun? X

Oh that reminds me.

Men who put an X at the end of their message. No! There is NO love between us drop the pretence!!!! Rarrr! Burn in hell!

MoreCashThanDash

Sat opposite my bosses boss today, who has just answered a call by saying “This had better not suck the jam out my doughnut…” and I immediately thought of this thread….

reeksy

Did he just find out what you spend your work hours doing? 😳

politecameraaction
    Free Member

“Just a thought”.

getting bent out of shape just because of some words some people use in a way you might not personally agree with or approve of seems like an extraordinary waste of time.

You might be overestimating how upset I am and how much time I wasted making that comment. And this one. I’m waiting for a bus…

garage-dweller

Give Drac his sponge back.

Subtle but brilliant 😂

Cougar

Two things I rarely get accused of. 😁

mrdestructo

Anything written in a sponsored social media influencer’s video review titles.

paino

Anyone that uses the plural form of a singular person/thing. Mainly in the football world, but heard it in mtb commentary too.

“…..when they come up against the Kyle Walkers and the Van Dykes….”

fasgadh
    Free Member

Men who call everything “X”

Company names with made up words ending in “a”

Speeder

“split out”

“part out”

“swap out”

“change up”

****ing Yanks!

Murray

“what must be true in order to” when you explain why something can’t be done

smiffy

Customer Service Speak. Adding more words (pleonasm) to make it sound like you’re saying more than you are, like

-today?

-at all?

-for you?

or even combinations of them all

“Would you like some breakfast for yourself today, at all, Sir, this morning, at all?” When I’m stood in the queue to be seated for breakfast. No, I want you to service my hovercraft.

St Austell Hotels, I’m looking at you.

Cougar

If you spend any time on Not Always Right, you’ll start to think “do people actually talk like this?”

sc-xc

Customer Service Speak…

When buying one item at a till and the person says ‘that will be £XXX all together’

Cougar

“Just this, thanks.”

“Sure. Would you like anything else?”

frankconway

On being served in a café…
    – black Americano please.
    – would you like milk with that?

Why don’t you listen, you cloth eared halfwit and concentrate on delivering the ‘customer delight’ which, I’m sure, features somewhere in your employer’s corporate bullshit.

sc-xc

“Sure. Would you like anything else?

‘any petrol?’

fasgadh
    Free Member

Scripted dialogue at shops – like the Today Shop in Earlston (Co-op) where every question or sentence ends in “today”. This used to be more common around the Co-ops but the humans have been overriding their programming.

cojacal

This thread has become a bit of Pedants revolt

Very well played though @scotroutes for highlighting the unmentionably good people north of Cromarty!

I would ban  for life anything with a contraction of ‘and’ or ‘are’ etc in single quotes:

Salt ‘n’ vinegar
    Chicken ‘n’ chips
    Toys ‘r’ us

Come the revolution, that and Ronhill tracksters

sparksmcguff

Brickbat

Why? Like so much in this thread it doesn’t count because it’s not irrational.

sparksmcguff

@frankconway

uhm black americano is already tautologous as an americano is black. The other option is a latte (yeah come at me coffee snobs you’re wrong and anyway an americano is Pooh)

blokeuptheroad

Come the revolution, that and Ronhill tracksters

You were doing alright up to that point. How very dare you!

copa
    Free Member

“Lest we forget”

sc-xc

americano is black.

Uhm, sorry…but I have it on very good authority that Americano is blue jeans and chino.

Cougar

‘any petrol?’

Only what I brought with me.

The other option is a latte

Well, that’s clearly nonsense.

Americano is blue jeans and chino.

Coke, Pepsi and Oeros also.

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 447 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.