Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • woooo – graffiti
  • BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

spotted this weekend – posted for no reason other than i thought it was cool

jon1973
    Free Member

Clever, but it looks like it should be in Disneyland.

carbon337
    Free Member

Bet the neighbours are happy with it.

mangoridebike

Is that Kelburn House near Largs?

If it is it was done by a couple of Brazilians I think. The house and grounds are a pretty nice place for a day out.

wwaswas

I like the chimney 🙂

some good stuff in Brighton;

chakaping
    Free Member

Haven’t these guys ever heard that less is more?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Hideous.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Jesus.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Genius.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hideous.

No you are.

Great stuff. Some more in the ‘murals’ than graffiti category mind, but I love seeing proper creative stuff like this. Far better to look at than bloody adverts everywhere.

Although I did like the DKNY mural; I understand it’s now gone, which is sad, cos it was a nice bit of work.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Fortunateson09 – class

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Drac

Nice bit of architecture ruined.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I like the snail vandalism 😀

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

Hideous.

No you are.

I see the “New Elfin” didn’t last long, then.

Back to the usual slagoff.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh sorry Wopster din’t mean to upset you. 🙁

New Elfin; New Danger.

willard

There’s some decent stuff in Cambridge on Newmarket Road that’s been sponsored by the council.

To be honest, whilst a lot of grafitti is tat and just vandalism, there is some decent stuff around. I’m not condoning it, but seeing more of the nice sort and less of the rubbish sort would be nice…

Stuff like this for example:

Good way to re-use a derelict former naval station’s wall. Actually, loads more here. Same place: http://www.derelicte.co.uk/hms-royal-arthur

chakaping
    Free Member

Love the cocks picture, much better than the “art” it replaced.

Reluctant
    Free Member

ski
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member

I like the chimney

some good stuff in Brighton;

wwaswas, where in Brighton is that first image, looks amazing?

Is it still about?

wwaswas

ski, yes I think so, quite a lot on that street.

http://g.co/maps/yfg58

trickydisco
    Free Member

There’s some amazing graffiti in Bristol. Recently the city council allowed a load of grafffiti artists loose on a street.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturepicturegalleries/8711647/The-See-No-Evil-graffiti-project-in-Bristol-Britains-largest-street-art-project.html?image=1

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2Mqeqg4guc[/video]

hummerlicious
    Free Member

There’s some really good bits in Brighton at the moment, most of it is in and around the lanes.

brighton grafitti

Brighton grafitti 2

Del

on the way to my local:

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I love seeing proper creative stuff

Proper?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah, proper, as opposed to non-proper stuffs like this:

That’s just shite. Like that Tox knobend who just tagged everywhere.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

How do you go about defining what is proper/improper? What are your criteria?

yunki
    Free Member

I know the guys who did that bit Del..

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

something that’s a genuine attempt to be creative, express ideas, makes look nice, rather than just scrawling yer name like a dog pissing to mark it’s territory.

Of course, not all ‘art’ is to everyone’s tastes, but it’s nice to see some decent artistic talent about, bit of creative freedom being exercised.

nevis
    Free Member

something that’s a genuine attempt to be creative, express ideas, makes look nice

…or something that just makes you laugh

Del

yunki,
    really?it was appreciated by more than a few i spoke to. did they do the stuff on the other side, and on the other end too?
    the stuff ‘on the other end’ had real significance IMHO. shame it got painted out i think. i must have just missed it being done – looked ace, and i could smell the paint as i came past. ‘gangsters’ for reference.

coffeeking
    Free Member

This must be a marmite thing. I can’t stand graffiti of any sort but I accept that some of those are very creative and skillful. If you’re going to be creative do it somewhere where people will go to see it for what it is, not on the side of someones house/building or where it isn’t invited. Seems like basic respect really, rather than taste.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Beadnell, Northumberland

fisha
    Free Member

The top castle is Kelburn Country Centre, just round the corner from me.

IIRC he got permission to do it because the render on the castle was needing replaced in the near future, so came up with the idea that it could be graffiti’ed as a temporary attraction to the place.

Now he’s gone and asked permission to keep the graffiti permanent as its now a work of art ( and thereby saving the pennies to re-do the render on the castle )

bikebouy
    Free Member

There is a famous one just off Brick Lane, near Fika/Bagel Shop, had a photo of it but can’t seem to find it.. Elfin should know it well.

Looks like it’s been there a long while too.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Didn’t he need planning permission, got it for a year, it expired so he asked to keep it? Both saving on re-rendering costs and having a neat marketing tool (the “world famous graffiti castle” I think the sign said)
    Anyway, I liked it,but it is tucked away off the road and is barely visible.
    Earlier in the day I was at Dundonald Castle which is on a hill and is visible for miles and miles – I’m not sure it would work as well there.

2tyred

I think a lot of the Kelburn House thing looks horrible, but I like the idea very much.

This is from a series created in a run down part of Philadelphia, the ‘A Love Letter For You’ project. Think it was featured in the Exit Through the Gift Shop film, along with Shepard Fairey’s Andre the Giant stuff.

Much to enjoy.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘woooo – graffiti’ is closed to new replies.