Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Wonder Woman!… the original
  • jekkyl

I might have to rewatch this, there’s one or two interesting things. 😯

I love it when she spins.
    [video]https://youtu.be/Tla9hZtPj-0[/video]

bikebouy
    Free Member

Phew, yes.

Wonderful.

maccruiskeen

… the original

The origins of the original original are quite intriguing. The character was devised by the bloke who developed early lie-detector technology.

He was also a champion of the suffragette movement and a little light kinky bondage 🙂 . Wonder Woman seemed to find herself getting tied up with alarming regularity.

“it was no accident that Wonder Woman got chained up in every episode. Creator William Moulton Marston actually fought to depict her that way. He also led a highly unusual lifestyle, living with and fathering children by two women at once. And the sex parties? Yep. In the mid-1920s he, his wife and two of his lovers participated in a “cult of female sexual power” organized by his aunt.”

monksie
    Free Member

This thread reminds me of the really odd person on here….can’t remember who it was…who confessed to regularly experiencing random sexual stimulations and erections….
    It seemed like even the slightest of things would set him off. Weirdo!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’m surprised how much I’m looking forward to the reboot.

Drac

The character was devised by the bloke who developed early lie-detector technology.

I don’t believe you.

jekkyl

The lasso of truth will give us the rightful answers!

Drac

The lasso says it was his wife.

jamj1974

Many years ago, I raced back to my car and locked the doors before my now wife could get in. On condition of entry to the car, I insisted she spin around and cry out “Wonder Woman!” in the B&Q car park. She didn’t even hesitate for a millisecond. I then immediately knew she was the woman for me.

maccruiskeen

I know its mid-morning but theres no need to invoke Jeremy Kyle on the thread.

Cougar

I’m surprised how much I’m looking forward to the reboot.

A friend of mine was involved in the production, so I have a little insider information. It’s sounding like it’s going to be very good indeed.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I heard on one of those you tube anticipated movie vids that it was allegedly a mess, hope not though.

The original above was definitely responsible for some early mature feelings, Wonder Woman, Colonel Wilma Deering and Daisy Duke.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The original above was definitely responsible for some early mature feelings, Wonder Woman, Colonel Wilma Deering and Daisy Duke.

And the Female half of Dempsey and Makepeace…

hols2
    Free Member

PJM1974
    Free Member

The reboot needs more stars and a cape.

Drac

deadkenny
    Free Member

Ah, Linda 🙂

Love the bit at 3:40 where she spins into a biker suit 😀

Got to love the funky 70s music too. Style.

Reboot film just looks like Xena.

spud-face

maccruiskeen – Member

I know its mid-morning but theres no need to invoke Jeremy Kyle on the thread. [/quote]

You’re confusing “lasso” with “tennent’s super” there. Easy mistake

Northwind

YoKaiser – Member

I heard on one of those you tube anticipated movie vids that it was allegedly a mess, hope not though

The thing about these youtube vids is they’re all desperate to say something attention grabbing, and they’re often trying to trawl meaning or original thought out of basically nothing. So movies get judged on their trailers or promos or just premises and rumour, and trashed or exalted before they really exist. (youtube vids never say “this looks pretty decent, guess we’ll need to wait and see the entire 2 hour film rather than base our opinion on the 1 minute teaser though”)

Me, I’ve decided it’s good, even though I’ve not seen it. Purely because she’s a superhero with a shield that’s smart enough to wear leg protection. They make a joke of it in the Avengers, Wonder Woman doesn’t joke about things like that, she just gets on with it. And also, Gal Gadot is possibly the pinnacle of human evolution. Well, her and Andrew WK.

superjohn71
    Free Member

You see hols2 has just showed how you are all wrong, and yet you are all blissfully unaware.

Pearls before swine.

All hail the mighty Erin. Just nipping of to the loo……..

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Wonder Woman and Wilma Deering, just what I needed during my formative years!

convert

So us boys of the 70’s – we had Wonder Woman AND John Noakes to stimulate and inspire us between coming back from school and tea. Is that not the perfect combination for a young lad finding his feet in the world. By Christ we were the chosen generation.

jonnyboi

And the girls from Buck’s Fizz, don’t forget them

Rickos
    Free Member

Kelly Garrett…

Russell96

UFO

Blakes Seven

Space 1999

Golden formative years indeed

DickBarton

And the girls from Buck’s Fizz, don’t forget them

Good grief…make your mind up!

jonnyboi

Well played

Frankenstein
    Free Member

My god that program was bad lol

Now I understand why my Dad watches telly with me as a kid.

jekkyl

That woman from blakes 7 was proper scary! Wasn’t she always wearing vinyl, well naughty!

Cougar

I wonder, if they rebooted Blake’s 7, would she be wearing CDs?

Cougar

Also, if you want “naughty” sci-fi villains, there’s always Grayza. A modern-day Servalan.

martinhutch

I wonder, if they rebooted Blake’s 7, would she be wearing CDs?

No, she’s a Media Server LAN now.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Naughty Sci Fi villain? Has to be Diana

wilko1999
    Free Member

Aah Lynda Carter. Along with Victoria Principle they were my two first crushes.

I seem to remember in Wonder Woman she flew an invisible aeroplane, but she didn’t go invisible, and you could clearly see her sat there flying it through the air.

jekkyl

In unrelated news Empire has given the new wonder woman 4 stars, high praise indeed.

jimjam
    Free Member

jekkyl – Member

In unrelated news Empire has given the new wonder woman 4 stars, high praise indeed.

They gave Avengers 2 four stars. They gave Thor 2 four stars. They gave Man of Steel four stars. They gave Suicide Squad four stars……not really high praise in that context.
    Also, Gal Gadot is beautiful but she has zero charisma or screen presence. And I know WW is supposed to be a godess or something but honestly, Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman looks like she would get the snot beat out of her by Naomi Campbell in a cat fight.

Cougar

Naughty Sci Fi villain? Has to be Diana

Good point, well made.

Cougar

http://mashable.com/2017/05/30/wonder-woman-reviews-positive-negative-movies-gal-gadot

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Wonder Woman!… the original’ is closed to new replies.