Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Women’s specific camelbak – recommendations?
  • MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Hiya,

I’m asking my Mum & Dad for a women’s spec camelbak for my birthday this year and was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations?

I’m looking for one with a 2L bladder and enough room for a spare tyre, pump, phone and a few snacks but not much else. Although a bungee thing to pop my jacket in would be really good.

Anyone, got any suggestions of what’s good value? The magic looks like good value but it doesn’t have a bungee…

geoffj

Just out of curiosity, how do women-specfic fit models vary from t’others?

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

They’re shorter – just like women’s spec general rucksacks. I’ve got a guys cloudwalker one and as I’m pretty small it’s longer than my back so can be pretty uncomfortable.

avdave2

Geoffj they come pre loaded with babycham.

singlespeedstu

Mrs ssstu uses a Camlebak luxe.

She says she likes it.

gingerflash

MrsF is only 5ft2in with relatively long legs and short back. She uses an
    MTB100 (old Mule) and Lobo without any problem at all.
    She’s on the left.

(Actually she has some problems when she uses the MTB100 AND the Lobo, but you know what I mean)

watly_biker
    Free Member

I’ve got a Mule ( the mens version of the Luxe) and it can fit all you have listed – plus a bungee for a jacket- you;d have to check if they still have one as mine is now about 8 years old.
    Have seen a few women use a North Face pack which was women specific. Have been looking at the Luxe too but old Mule refuses to fall to pieces !

grumm
    Free Member

Do they have different chest straps? My gf finds men’s rucksacks have the chest strap in an uncomfy position for er, ladies’ anatomy. Was wondering if a ladies specific one would be any better.

gingerflash

Camelbak chest straps can be moved up and down or removed.

skinnysteel
    Free Member

Mrs uses a women spec TNF. The model is some shark name I think. She seems well pleased with it. Would fit your size requirements.

singlespeedstu

The Luxe’s shorter and the shoulder straps are shaped differently to allow for boobage…. 😯 😉

This was a replacement for a LOBO and I’m told it fits much better.

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Thanks SSS – that’s good to know!

The Luxe does look good, I just think it might be a bit too big for Summer riding, I don’t want to carry too much… if there’s space I seem to find stuff to fill it!

I think I’ll go to my LBS tomorrow and see if they have some I can see some in the flesh. If the magic has someway of stuffing my jacket in I think that’ll be the ticket, if not I think I’ll probably have to go for the luxe.

Keep the advice coming though!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Women’s specific camelbak – recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM